Borchard is done

HighHeat45

With Borchard now out of the runnin for a spot in the 25 man roster, 2 of these 5 will get selected. Gload, Burke, Valenzuela, Reed or Hankins.

Gload will make it-he can play backup IF and OF really well from what ive seen

Burke wont, we dont need 3 catchers

Valenzuela-maybe

Reed shouldnt, he still needs time

Hankins-also a maybe

im gunna go with Gload and Valenzuela. But Hankins has a shot too

He's only done for with respect to making the opening day roster...He still has a very good chance to play up here in the big club some time this season...If Rowand begins to have problems out there in CF, and Borchard is ready, he could very well be brought up...Don't count Borchard's chances out...

But if Borchard isn't given the call-up, that could be a GOOD thing, cuz that would mean that Rowand's doing a great job himself, and that he's coming of his own.

Another Average Joe article,

TUCSON, Ariz. -- If this is the year Joe Borchard begins living up to his promise in Chicago, it's going to come after a delayed start.

Borchard, 25, has been told that he'll begin the season in Triple-A Charlotte after straining his left quadriceps. The Sox don't want to take a chance on the injury becoming more serious, so with just three at-bats this spring, Borchard has been shut down until he's completely healthy.

This will be Borchard's third season at Charlotte. In 114 games last season, he hit .253 with 13 home runs and 53 RBIs. If he has a good year there, there is a chance he'll land in Chicago sometime this summer, especially if the Sox trade right fielder Magglio Ordonez, who is in the last year of his contract.

"It's something that will be in the back of my mind, but the only thing I can take care of is how I play and the approach I have every single day," Borchard said. "I just have to make sure I give the best effort every single day." ...

Catcher Miguel Olivo was feeling better after a trip to a Mesa hospital Saturday to pass some kidney stones. Olivo was a late scratch from the lineup Saturday after experiencing lower abdominal pain. He said doctors told him he still has one more stone to pass, but he thinks he'll be back in the lineup sometime this week. ...

Through the first 12 games, the Sox have 13 stolen bases, four by Willie Harris. They had 13 in 31 games last spring. ...

Ross Gload fouled a ball off his knee and left the game in the fourth inning with a bruise. ... Shingo Takatsu worked his first perfect inning of the spring. "Today was the first time I was really calmed down," Takatsu said. ... Mark Buehrle worked five innings in a "B" game Sunday morning. He gave up three hits and two runs—both on solo homers—against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Damn that scared me. I thought when I first read this topic, is that he was done for the season. This is bad for Joe but at least he'll be getting more at-bats in Charlotte.

Ditto.

As for Gload, as far as I'm concerned, he's already impressed me enough to make this club. Shut him down until he's 100% healthy. And Reed should start at Charlotte too. With Aaron all but locking up the CF job, no use of Jeremy rotting at the bench only getting an occasional start or as a defensive replacement. Let him start at Charlotte and get his at-bats so his progress isn't deterred.

Ditto. 

As for Gload, as far as I'm concerned, he's already impressed me enough to make this club.  Shut him down until he's 100% healthy.  And Reed should start at Charlotte too.  With Aaron all but locking up the CF job, no use of Jeremy rotting at the bench only getting an occasional start or as a defensive replacement.  Let him start at Charlotte and get his at-bats so his progress isn't deterred.

Agreed. :)

That is too bad for Joe.  I really like the kid.  He is a hard worker, and a smart guy.  Hopefully this is just a temporary set back for him.  I still really believe he is going to be a great power hitter.

I believe so too. I think it will just take a bit of time, and he will be ready. He just needs a couple years to get that swing shortened up and he will be good to go.

From what the Sox had said, they had been pretty pleased with Borchard's swing this spring.

Hopefully he can get this injury behind him and stay healthy all season. It can't help that he always seems to be going down with some sort of nagging injury and when he plays through it, I'm sure it effects his power.

I think he'll be up for good sometime this year. For some reason I have a little faith in Borchard making it.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I have almost no faith when it comes to Jon Rauch.

From what the Sox had said, they had been pretty pleased with Borchard's swing this spring. 

Hopefully he can get this injury behind him and stay healthy all season.  It can't help that he always seems to be going down with some sort of nagging injury and when he plays through it, I'm sure it effects his power. 

I think he'll be up for good sometime this year.  For some reason I have a little faith in Borchard making it.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I have almost no faith when it comes to Jon Rauch.

Why no faith in Rauch? What keeps you from believing he will reach his potential?