One month before the deadline

Texsox

Have you filed your tax return?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you filed your tax return?

• Yes
    • No
    • Exempt

e-Filed 2 weeks ago, easily the earliest I have ever filed. My kids' school needed the completed tax information so I was forced to do it, otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out on April 14th again this year I'm sure (but hopefully not as a result of another bad start to the baseball season for the Good Guys).

Filled on March 2nd.  Received state refund in three days and expecting a check from Uncle Sam any day now. :headbang

This is the first time in four years we are getting money back. :drink

If you really like a refund, send additional estimated taxes each quarter.

Don't confuse a refund like the government is giving you something. This was your money that you overpaid during the year.

State tax? Ahh, Texas, Sweat Texas. No state income tax. Y'all keep driving your gas guzzlers, our Texas oil wells appreciate it.

If you really like a refund, send additional estimated taxes each quarter.

Don't confuse a refund like the government is giving you something. This was your money that you overpaid during the year.

State tax? Ahh, Texas, Sweat Texas. No state income tax. Y'all keep driving your gas guzzlers, our Texas oil wells appreciate it.

What's the sales tax down there? Believe me, they get it from you somehow...

Most food also right?

IN is just over 3% income tax, but only 6% sales tax, with zero tax on food and medicine.

Convienence foods, candy, soft drinks, that sort of stuff,

One link to state total taxes It is from a retirement living group, so I do not know how accurate these are but it does match other lists I've seen.

Texas has the 5th lowest rate in the US. We are usually near the top for affordability. When you factor in energy costs for heating, cooling, auto fuel prices, etc. we head up a couple notches. And finally when you factor in all the Texans, this is easiest the best place in the US to live

:D