More Bears News!!!

Hopefully that will be provided by Haynes and Brown for the next couple of years, with our first round pick (Wilfork or Harris, but maybe a WR if Roy or Mike Williams drop there.) providing pressure up the middle.

Neither Roy Williams or Mike Williams would slip to Chicago. One if not both of those 2 will be drafted in the top 10(along with Fitzgerald), and the other will either be selected by the Falcons, the Jets, or the Bills. IMO, the Bears have little to no shot of drafting either one of those two.

Now if we're talking Reggie Williams, then you have a point. However, that could quite possibly be reaching a bit at 14. I would imagine they'd wait until atleast the 3rd round to get a WR, maybe even later.

I love everything the bears have been doing this offseason! :D

they are actually going after the positions we need! The only thing that blows me away is when people talk about possibly getting a WR sometime soon? WHY? we have so many talented WR's its crazy! I think if terrell comes through like he says?!?! and if booker stays healthy we are going to have one of the best WR sets in the NFL. some may think im crazy but we also have GAGE, WADE who both had really good rookie seasons, we got dez white who is probably the weakest of the bunch, but still has some talent. the only reason i think we might not have the best WR set is because of all of the WR's coming in to the draft this year. all of our WR's numbers i think will skyrocket this year because of the o-line were building and of course because of Grossman(who will be great this year!). just typing this i convinced myself again that we are going to compete this year, and im thinkin most definetly a playoff spot! :cheers

GO BEARS!!!! :headbang :headbang

I can give you 6 feet, 7 inches, and 350 pounds of reason why the Bears should sign the guy. Also, you say no one else is interested in him....is thaat why Seattle is pusuing him and Baltimore already made him an offer?

I love everything the bears have been doing this offseason! :D

they are actually going after the positions we need!  The only thing that blows me away is when people talk about possibly getting a WR sometime soon?  WHY?  we have so many talented WR's its crazy!  I think if terrell comes through like he says?!?! and if booker stays healthy we are going to have one of the best WR sets in the NFL.  some may think im crazy but we also have GAGE, WADE who both had really good rookie seasons, we got dez white who is probably the weakest of the bunch, but still has some talent. the only reason i think we might not have the best WR set is because of all of the WR's coming in to the draft this year.  all of our WR's numbers i think will skyrocket this year because of the o-line were building and of course because of Grossman(who will be great this year!).  just typing this i convinced myself again that we are going to compete this year, and im thinkin most definetly a playoff spot! :cheers

GO BEARS!!!! :headbang  :headbang

You aren't reading correctly. I didn't say I want the Bears to take a WR with the first pick. I said that IF, by chance, ROY or MIKE WILLIAMS fall to the 14th spot (which is highly unlikely, and I'm even a bit iffy on Roy), then you take him. Why? Because both Roy Williams and Mike Williams are potentially beyond any of the receivers we have. Roy and Mike are playmakers, Mike is just a physical force who catches everything that comes his way. I'm sorry, but you do NOT pass on that type of player. I guarantee that if Mike had stayed in college, next year, he's the concensus (sp?) number one pick.

Then again, all of this is probably nonsense because, like people have mentioned, they probably won't fall to us. What I'm saying is that, if the situation presents itself, you take Mike/Roy.

As to Salaam; he comes from a system where nearly every RB they plug in is successful, i.e. Portis, Anderson, and even Quentin Griffin for his one start. In order for a running game to be that successful, you need to have one hell of an offensive line. The reason Salaam was released was strictly salary based, not because of his play. After the Bailey contract, they had to restructure / release some people.

You aren't reading correctly.  I didn't say I want the Bears to take a WR with the first pick.  I said that IF, by chance, ROY or MIKE WILLIAMS fall to the 14th spot (which is highly unlikely, and I'm even a bit iffy on Roy), then you take him.  Why?  Because both Roy Williams and Mike Williams are potentially beyond any of the receivers we have.  Roy and Mike are playmakers, Mike is just a physical force who catches everything that comes his way.  I'm sorry, but you do NOT pass on that type of player.  I guarantee that if Mike had stayed in college, next year, he's the concensus (sp?) number one pick.

Then again, all of this is probably nonsense because, like people have mentioned, they probably won't fall to us.  What I'm saying is that, if the situation presents itself, you take Mike/Roy.

As to Salaam; he comes from a system where nearly every RB they plug in is successful, i.e. Portis, Anderson, and even Quentin Griffin for his one start.  In order for a running game to be that successful, you need to have one hell of an offensive line.  The reason Salaam was released was strictly salary based, not because of his play.  After the Bailey contract, they had to restructure / release some people.

He was released before the Bailey trade. He wasn't making much money. Griffin and Anderson were hardly successful last season. The only back that stood out in that offense last season was Portis. I also never saw them making an effort to run to the left side behind Salaam. Nor did I ever see the deliberately move Plummer out that way. Again, the offensive line is not based around the tackles for that system to work. Strong O-line yes, no doubt, but not the tackle position for that particular offense. However, the bears do need strong tackles for this system to work.

I can give you 6 feet, 7 inches, and 350 pounds of reason why the Bears should sign the guy. Also, you say no one else is interested in him....is thaat why Seattle is pusuing him and Baltimore already made him an offer?

Other teams may look at him and make him a low ball offer. He may sign with another team and may recieve an offer, but not as a starter.

Are you really saying he is a good LT because of his height and weight? We have 2 tackles as big or bigger than he already on our team. So why sign him?

Aaron Gibson is 6'6 390

Qasim Mitchell is 6'6 355

I give you those 2 reasons why we don't need him. Salaam is nothing but a backup OT. That is all!

He was released before the Bailey trade. He wasn't making much money. Griffin and Anderson were hardly successful last season. The only back that stood out in that offense last season was Portis. I also never saw them making an effort to run to the left side behind Salaam. Nor did I ever see the deliberately move Plummer out that way. Again, the offensive line is not based around the tackles for that system to work. Strong O-line yes, no doubt, but not the tackle position for that particular offense. However, the bears do need strong tackles for this system to work.

Most teams don't run much over left tackle, that is primarily a pass-blocking position. Plummer is righty, yes? So why would they ever have him move out that way, only to have to throw across his body?

Most teams don't run much over left tackle, that is primarily a pass-blocking position.  Plummer is righty, yes?  So why would they ever have him move out that way, only to have to throw across his body?

Good point on plummer, however I would differ with you on which way to run. I think that depends on how your LT is. The Jags used to run Boselli's way all the time. The Rams run to Pace's side quite a bit. The Ravens run to Ogden's side a lot. It all depends on how good your LT is if you ask me.