Anaheim game thread

southsider2k5

I think we really need Loaiza to win 20 again to have a succesful season. The way you look at it, our WHOLE pitching staff is a bunch of question marks, nothing for sure. Buerhle had HALF a good season last year, we dunno if he'd get better or worse. Loaiza's only had one year of success, we cannot bank on him for sure to win another 20. Garland is a huge toss up, as is Schoeneweis, and the number 5 spot. Our staff can be very good, but also can be very bad. Only time will tell.

Can't disagree with your analysis. Losing Colon was a huge (no pun intended) loss. He ate up innings and won 15 games. I think he could have won more, but on the other hand he always looks like an arm injury ready to happen. You can argue all you want about the pluses and minuses of Colon and not be wrong on either account, but no doubt he is a winner too.

I think the 4th and 5th spots will be key and maybe #5 more so. If we can get Wright back to '02 form you have a potential for 15 wins right there. Can the Shoe be #4? I am not sure, but he does have a history that is positive with 10-12 wins and 200 plus innings as a starter.

Can't disagree with your analysis. Losing Colon was a huge (no pun intended) loss. He ate up innings and won 15 games. I think he could have won more, but on the other hand he always looks like an arm injury ready to happen. You can argue all you want about the pluses and minuses of Colon and not be wrong on either account, but no doubt he is a winner too.

I think the 4th and 5th spots will be key and maybe #5 more so. If we can get Wright back to '02 form you have a potential for 15 wins right there. Can the Shoe be #4? I am not sure, but he does have a history that is positive with 10-12 wins and 200 plus innings as a starter.

Colon would be an AWESOME #3 pitcher. 15 solid wins and a massive amount of innings eaten.

You are correct about the 4th and 5th spots being key. They for sure are. I believe if our 4 and 5 spots get rolling, that could motivate (not like I think they need more motivation) Esteban and Mark to really achieve maximum output. Not to forget we just plain need some solid performences for #4 and #5.

I don't think Wright's career as a Starting Pitcher is over as some may think. Neither do the Sox, otherwise he wouldn't be contending for a starting spot. But, I think guaranteeing Schoenweis the #4 spot is a bit of a mistake. He's as unproven as every other guy fighting for a starting job, and he's guaranteed #4 just because KW likes him??? Make him win his spot before you go off guaranteeing it. If Schoeneweis pitches well, by all means give him #4, but guaranteeing him it could backfire on the Sox.

BTW nice job C Lee!

You are correct about the 4th and 5th spots being key. They for sure are. I believe if our 4 and 5 spots get rolling, that could motivate (not like I think they need more motivation) Esteban and Mark to really achieve maximum output.  Not to forget we just plain need some solid performences for #4 and #5.

I don't think Wright's career as a Starting Pitcher is over as some may think. Neither do the Sox, otherwise he wouldn't be contending for a starting spot. But, I think guaranteeing Schoenweis the #4 spot is a bit of a mistake. He's as unproven as every other guy fighting for a starting job, and he's guaranteed #4 just because KW likes him??? Make him win his spot before you go off guaranteeing it. If Schoeneweis pitches well, by all means give him #4, but guaranteeing him it could backfire on the Sox.

I will agree with you on both the Wright and Shoe issue. I was a bit surprised when they just came out and basically gave Schoenenweis the 4th spot. I think we could and do have some good competition going for that #4 starter spot as well as #5. I have always liked danny Wright and see him developing a lot like Garland. I think this will be the year that Jon breaks out and now that Danny is healthy we should see his return to winning form also.

I've lost a lot of confidence in Danny Wright. It looks like he'll win the 5th starter competition though. He is always living on the edge and it just makes me nervous as hell when he pitches. Even the awesome game he pitched in Boston (I think it was the 02 season) was nerve racking. I really hope he can prove himself this year.

ok, back to the game thread, Sox up 5-3 going to the bottom of six.

Uribe scored on a josh paul pass ball. ox played small ball that inning

Santiago now pitching for the sox

That sucks for Josh, I always liked him when he was withe the Sox, hopefully some team picks up on him if Anahiem chooses not to.

I've lost a lot of confidence in Danny Wright.  It looks like he'll win the 5th starter competition though.  He is always living on the edge and it just makes me nervous as hell when he pitches.  Even the awesome game he pitched in Boston (I think it was the 02 season) was nerve racking.  I really hope he can prove himself this year.

I've got to give you some props for having any confidence in Danny Wright in the first place.