Loiaza is getting his ass kicked

quickman

Our great pitcher is once again getting his ass kicked in todays game. No cutter again today.

3-0 angels in the second inning. he may not make it four innings today. Way too many pitches. Can't wait to hear all the great excuses, like the ball doesn't cut well in arizona.

Our great pitcher is once again getting his ass kicked in todays game. No cutter again today.

3-0 angels in the second inning. he may not make it four innings today. Way too many pitches. Can't wait to hear all the great excuses, like the ball doesn't cut well in arizona.

While expecting Loaiza to be our ace again is probably going to be a mistake, there in no reason to think that a spring training performance will be the reaon for his drop off. I am reassured by the fact that Danny Wright will have a season 100% times better than last and by the fact that Jon Garland will only get better. My only worry is if Schoeneweis can be a quality starter or not.

While expecting Loaiza to be our ace again is probably going to be a mistake, there in no reason to think that a spring training performance will be the reaon for his drop off.  I am reassured by the fact that Danny Wright will have a season 100% times better than last and by the fact that Jon Garland will only get better.  My only worry is if Schoeneweis can be a quality starter or not.

Great, Just pointing out a true fact he sucks today. thats all, you guys can jump to any conclusions you want. He sucks today.

Joplin in Concert album

149.jpg

:puke

I have NEVER heard a voice so repulsive in my life. Atleast now she rests besides the dirt that once covered her filthy, hippy body.

Back to the main topic: Loaizas performace today is nothing to get worried about. He could be experiencing a dead-arm period that has carried over from last season, or maybe he hasn't found his pitching groove yet.

flash, I don't know to respond to that in an nice way so I won't respond at all other than to wonder why someone can't dislike something without having to say such incredibly cruel things - she was one of my favorites and she was a human being and I know her brother and that was just viciousness that was not needed

I agree with you on ELo and I am going to try and forget the rest of what you said

Calm down, guys, especially you quickman: He ended up striking out seven in five innings of work. I don't like that three spot on the runs side either, but he settled down nicely after those first two innings.

Don't get so worked up. It's Spring Training, where the hitters are supposed to do well. Three runs in five innings of work isn't the worst thing in the world.

Guys, I do not know if you guys have heard, but the White Sox forfieted the season. White Sox management heard that people on Soxtalk were kind of sad the Sox were not undefeating in ST, they just decided to cancel the whole season before the Sox flopped. Maybe next year guys.

:headshake

You cannot only be behind this team when we are winning. I am here through thick and thin. Believe in the White Sox, why would anyone do otherwise?

Guys, I do not know if you guys have heard, but the White Sox forfieted the season. White Sox management heard that people on Soxtalk were kind of sad the Sox were not undefeating in ST, they just decided to cancel the whole season before the Sox flopped. Maybe next year guys.

You cannot only be behind this team when we are winning. I am here through thick and thin. Believe in the White Sox, why would anyone do otherwise?

Agreed. And your pitchers can't have all great outings, you can't have all your pitchers pitching well, etc. If Loaiza doesn't have the cutter, he'll have to find it again. He probably will. A cutter is not like losing a 98 MPH fastball, like Koch. Cutters can be regained, and usually, 98 MPH fastballs cannot.

Just to add to Steve's comment...the last time I checked, no team had ever gone 162-0 in a regular season, and no team had ever won more then 116 games. We will lose, our pitchers will have bad outings where they don't have their stuff, our hitters will have off days....BIG f***ING DEAL. If in the end we win more games then the Twins, Tigers, Indians, and Royals, we will get to see the members of the Chicago White Sox pouring beer and champagne(is that one the city or the stuff you drink?) over themselves, and then they'll go to the playoffs, and hopefully win 11 games there.

Come early April, we are 0-0 with arguably the 25 best players in the organization, and we start a 6 month journey that starts out slowly and picks up speed like a motherf***er late. I can't wait for it to start.

Agreed.  And your pitchers can't have all great outings, you can't have all your pitchers pitching well, etc.  If Loaiza doesn't have the cutter, he'll have to find it again.  He probably will.  A cutter is not like losing a 98 MPH fastball, like Koch.  Cutters can be regained, and usually, 98 MPH fastballs cannot.

Just to add to Steve's comment...the last time I checked, no team had ever gone 162-0 in a regular season, and no team had ever won more then 116 games.  We will lose, our pitchers will have bad outings where they don't have their stuff, our hitters will have off days....BIG f***ING DEAL.  If in the end we win more games then the Twins, Tigers, Indians, and Royals, we will get to see the members of the Chicago White Sox pouring beer and champagne(is that one the city or the stuff you drink?) over themselves, and then they'll go to the playoffs, and hopefully win 11 games there. 

Come early April, we are 0-0 with arguably the 25 best players in the organization, and we start a 6 month journey that starts out slowly and picks up speed like a motherf***er late.  I can't wait for it to start.

:applause: :headbang :bringit :cheers :snr

Let's go! Bring on '04!

Steve,

A true fan has to push management to put a winner on the field. Accept mediocrity and that is what you will be served.

We needed to replace Colon at the min and since we are on the E-Lo thread, make up for a drop off.

My hunch is Mark and E-Lo will combine for the same number of wins as last year.

Being a fan is coming back each year no matter what. Not blindly cheering whatever crap the team does.

Steve,

A true fan has to push management to put a winner on the field. Accept mediocrity and that is what you will be served.

We needed to replace Colon at the min and since we are on the E-Lo thread, make up for a drop off.

My hunch is Mark and E-Lo will combine for the same number of wins as last year.

Being a fan is coming back each year no matter what. Not blindly cheering whatever crap the team does.

well said tex

Steve,

Blindly cheering? I am well aware of everything going on here. How am I accepting mediocracy? I said that you guys act like every loss ends the season for us. That is ignorant. Sometimes you have to live with the hand you are dealt. How does being such a pessimest, before the season even starts, do anything?

Judging how a team is doing based on its exhibition games W-L record is silly and stupid. These games are for talent evaluation only.

Currently, the Brewers have the best ST W-L record and the Giants have the worst. Now, does anyone here seriously think that the Brewers will have a better regular season record than the Giants will?