Willie Harris

TLAK

Every article I read still has Willie Harris starting at 2B but I'm starting to wonder if he is even sure to break with the big club. He's at .200 on the spring, including his 1 for 4 today. He also got caught stealing. Kelly Dransfeldt is hitting .320 with more at bats, while Juan Uribe is at .241 with 2 HR.

Judging from his bunt attempts on TV over the weekend he doesn't fit in with the 'give me guy who play the game the right way' approach either. I'm a Willie backer but he's got to show he can earn his keep.

I think no matter what he breaks camp with the club. I can't see Dransfeltd staying in, but I do think the Sox have to be nervous about their infield situation (Well 2nd base). Uribe's numbers have fallend and Harris's numbers can't get much lower. Heck, he's actually heated up a bit the past few days.

Despite that, I think Harris gets the benefit of the doubt. Personally I want the Sox to look at Spivey who could probably be had for next to nothing.

Harris seems to be our only true threat to steal bases. 4 out of 5 in that department I believe while only getting on base a few times is pretty impressive. I think he deserves the full opportunity to start at second bases versus right handed pitchers.

On the topic of bunting, I've only seem him bunt once this ST and it was decent so I can't make a great judgement there.

I also don't know much about Dransfeldt, therefore I can't make the argument that Kelly should on the roster and Willie not. Hell, I thought Dransfeldt was a shortstop? :drink

Every article I read still has Willie Harris starting at 2B but I'm starting to wonder if he is even sure to break with the big club.  He's at .200 on the spring, including his 1 for 4 today.  He also got caught stealing.  Kelly Dransfeldt is hitting  .320 with more at bats, while Juan Uribe is at .241 with 2 HR.

Judging from his bunt attempts on TV over the weekend he doesn't fit in with the 'give me guy who play the game the right way' approach either.  I'm a Willie backer but he's got to show he can earn his keep.

Well, Harris only hit .200 or so last year too, but at Soxfest Hawk claimed that it was all JM's fault because JM forced poor Willie to bunt against his will. JM's long gone but Harris is still hitting poorly despite not bunting.

I think no matter what he breaks camp with the club. I can't see Dransfeltd staying in, but I do think the Sox have to be nervous about their infield situation (Well 2nd base).  Uribe's numbers have fallend and Harris's numbers can't get much lower.  Heck, he's actually heated up a bit the past few days. 

Despite that, I think Harris gets the benefit of the doubt.  Personally I want the Sox to look at Spivey who could probably be had for next to nothing.

I agree about Spivey...I think he could have a good season here. He cannot be far off of his 2002 form.

Every article I read still has Willie Harris starting at 2B but I'm starting to wonder if he is even sure to break with the big club.  He's at .200 on the spring, including his 1 for 4 today.  He also got caught stealing.  Kelly Dransfeldt is hitting  .320 with more at bats, while Juan Uribe is at .241 with 2 HR.

Judging from his bunt attempts on TV over the weekend he doesn't fit in with the 'give me guy who play the game the right way' approach either.  I'm a Willie backer but he's got to show he can earn his keep.

Both Harris and Uribe are guaranteed to make the team, and both add versatility to the roster with the ability to play the outfield.

They both will be on the opening day roster.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...4news&fext=.jsp

Both of them have questions every where but as long as the job gets done at 2B wether it's both of them or just one of them doing the job it doesn't really matter, we just need some consistency.

I think no matter what he breaks camp with the club. I can't see Dransfeltd staying in, but I do think the Sox have to be nervous about their infield situation (Well 2nd base).  Uribe's numbers have fallend and Harris's numbers can't get much lower.  Heck, he's actually heated up a bit the past few days. 

Despite that, I think Harris gets the benefit of the doubt.  Personally I want the Sox to look at Spivey who could probably be had for next to nothing.

Think Spivey's making about $3mill this year, othawise I'd think he'd be the perfect guy to go afta. Depends how much JR is willin is bend the payroll by, but I think it's more likely KW trades for a starter than a second baseman like Spivey, although they will definitely be his 2 main targets.

Think Spivey's making about $3mill this year, othawise I'd think he'd be the perfect guy to go afta. Depends how much JR is willin is bend the payroll by, but I think it's more likely KW trades for a starter than a second baseman like Spivey, although they will definitely be his 2 main targets.

I would imagine the Brewers would pay some of that in order to get a young prospect.

I would imagine the Brewers would pay some of that in order to get a young prospect.

Brewers are pretty tied down payroll wise, they just resigned Jenkins remember to a 3 year deal. I don't think they would pay much if any of his salary.

I hope Willie Harris is on a short rope.

If he goes hitless the first two series dump him before we have another

Julio Ramirez type start on our hands.

I'd take a Graffy/Uribe platoon right now, but we ain't got no Graffy anymore.

Here's hoping Willie succeeds but I've never thought the guy was worth a flip.

I hope Willie Harris is on a short rope.

If he goes hitless the first two series dump him before we have another

Julio Ramirez type start on our hands.

I'd take a Graffy/Uribe platoon right now, but we ain't got no Graffy anymore.

Here's hoping Willie succeeds but I've never thought the guy was worth a flip.

Willie will probably go hitless in the first series. KC will probably throw 2 lefties at us so Uribe will be starting, more than likely.