If I didn't know better ....

YASNY

..... I'd swear this headline was from the Tribune rather than the Sun-Times.

Maddux still impressive despite getting shelled

Sometimes, you just have to laugh.

You left out the best part, the 1st paragraph in the Mike Kiley article:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-kiley18.html

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Even after allowing six runs (five earned) and eight hits in four innings Wednesday, Greg Maddux was impressive. Asked about the Texas Rangers' four stolen bases against him in as many attempts, including three in one inning, the Cubs pitcher accepted all the blame and showed what a dependable teammate he will be.

Unintentional humor never gets any better than this.

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Even after allowing six runs (five earned) and eight hits in four innings Wednesday, Greg Maddux was impressive. Asked about the Texas Rangers' four stolen bases against him in as many attempts, including three in one inning, the Cubs pitcher accepted all the blame and showed what a dependable teammate he will be.

I'll definitely be happy so long as he is a dependable teammate that loses a bunch of games!

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning when I read that.

The funny thing is...they never do go on to say what was impressive. Usually if something is written like that you expect to hear what the "impressive" part was....

I guess they were just impressed with him getting shelled...

ohh I see now after re-reading I realize they are impressed with the fact the he took the blame for it. It takes a real trooper for that...huh....

Anything for a positive article....what a f***in joke. How about an article how Prior is a big question mark...and clement has a dead arm...madduz doesn't seem himself. There's a lot of s*** out there to write about, but the pick the all impressive Maddux with 8 hits and 6 runs in 4 innings...

Is this kind of like the image someone created with the headline in huge bold caps saying something like "SOSA HITS TWO HOMERS" and then in small print as a title of a little article down on the bottom "Sox beat Cubs in World Series 4 games to 1" ? :D