Courtney Love

DBAHO

IT was a busy night in New York for rocker Courtney Love.

Just hours after the rock singer repeatedly flashed her breasts on a top-rating television chat show, Love was arrested for allegedly throwing a microphone stand and hitting a man in the head during a concert.

The 24-year-old man was taken to a hospital in stable condition, police said.

Love, 39, was charged with reckless endangerment and third-degree assault after the incident at 2.30am (6.30pm AEDT) at the Plaid nightclub. The singer already faces felony drug charges in California.

Earlier in the night Love had surprised CBS Late Showhost David Letterman when she entered the studio, turned her back to the camera and lifted her shirt to reveal her breasts.

The controversial rock star then stood on Letterman's desk, sang a few bars of Danny Boy, and offered the host a close-up of her bare essentials.

"Very sweet of you," Letterman quipped. "We're going to lose our liquor license."

Love sat on Letterman's couch, gestured to her chest and said, "FCC!" - a swipe at the Federal Communication Commission. The Commission has been cracking down on lewd content on television and radio after pop star Janet Jackson exposed one of her breasts on a live broadcast of the Super Bowl last month.

The flash during a dance routine with singer Justin Timberlake stunned viewers. Jackson later apologised for what she called a "costume malfunction".

Commenting on the Comission's work Love said: "Is this like Reagan trickle-down economics? Is this like Bush trickle down?".

Last October the former Hole lead singer, was arrested after allegedly trying to break into the Los Angeles home of a former boyfriend.

The singer was later taken to a treatment centre for a drug overdose. Police who searched her home during her absence allegedly found illegal painkillers.

Love has been charged with two felony counts of possession of controlled substances. She also faces misdemeanour charges of disorderly conduct and being under the influence of a controlled substance.

A preliminary hearing in the felony case has been postponed until April 15.

On Tuesday the rock star arrived two hours late at a court in Beverley Hills where she was scolded by the judge after talking out of turn in court.

During last night's show, Letterman asked Love whether she could talk about the court case. "Yeah, I'm not supposed to," she said.

When Letterman later asked if drugs were involved, Love said, "One expired Percocet and one Ambien."

Love later lit up a cigarette - defying New York City's strict anti-smoking laws - and asked Letterman, "Are you going to cut this because I'm smoking?"

"That won't be the reason we cut anything," he replied.

Letterman looked profoundly uncomfortable with Love's scatterbrained performance, but he did get the last word.

As he looked to go to a commercial break Love insisted he ask her one more question.

"How much do you weigh?" Letterman said.

Love looked shocked and did not answer.

The Late Show, which is pre-taped, was edited to obscure Love's breasts before being broadcast.

In an ironic twist, fellow breast-flasher Jackson will appear on the show on March 29, in the singer's first network television interview since the Super Dome incident.

Love, 39, was charged with reckless endangerment and third-degree assault after the incident at 2.30am (6.30pm AEDT) at the Plaid nightclub.

Just curious. Is it neccessary for you to know what time it was in Australia? Do they do that often? Seems silly to me.

IT was a busy night in New York for rocker Courtney Love.

Just hours after the rock singer repeatedly flashed her breasts on a top-rating television chat show, Love was arrested for allegedly throwing a microphone stand and hitting a man in the head during a concert.

The 24-year-old man was taken to a hospital in stable condition, police said.

Love, 39, was charged with reckless endangerment and third-degree assault after the incident at 2.30am (6.30pm AEDT) at the Plaid nightclub. The singer already faces felony drug charges in California.

Earlier in the night Love had surprised CBS Late Showhost David Letterman when she entered the studio, turned her back to the camera and lifted her shirt to reveal her breasts.

The controversial rock star then stood on Letterman's desk, sang a few bars of Danny Boy, and offered the host a close-up of her bare essentials.

"Very sweet of you," Letterman quipped. "We're going to lose our liquor license."

Love sat on Letterman's couch, gestured to her chest and said, "FCC!" - a swipe at the Federal Communication Commission. The Commission has been cracking down on lewd content on television and radio after pop star Janet Jackson exposed one of her breasts on a live broadcast of the Super Bowl last month.

The flash during a dance routine with singer Justin Timberlake stunned viewers. Jackson later apologised for what she called a "costume malfunction".

Commenting on the Comission's work Love said: "Is this like Reagan trickle-down economics? Is this like Bush trickle down?".

Last October the former Hole lead singer, was arrested after allegedly trying to break into the Los Angeles home of a former boyfriend.

The singer was later taken to a treatment centre for a drug overdose. Police who searched her home during her absence allegedly found illegal painkillers.

Love has been charged with two felony counts of possession of controlled substances. She also faces misdemeanour charges of disorderly conduct and being under the influence of a controlled substance.

A preliminary hearing in the felony case has been postponed until April 15.

On Tuesday the rock star arrived two hours late at a court in Beverley Hills where she was scolded by the judge after talking out of turn in court.

During last night's show, Letterman asked Love whether she could talk about the court case. "Yeah, I'm not supposed to," she said.

When Letterman later asked if drugs were involved, Love said, "One expired Percocet and one Ambien."

Love later lit up a cigarette - defying New York City's strict anti-smoking laws - and asked Letterman, "Are you going to cut this because I'm smoking?"

"That won't be the reason we cut anything," he replied.

Letterman looked profoundly uncomfortable with Love's scatterbrained performance, but he did get the last word.

As he looked to go to a commercial break Love insisted he ask her one more question.

"How much do you weigh?" Letterman said.

Love looked shocked and did not answer.

The Late Show, which is pre-taped, was edited to obscure Love's breasts before being broadcast.

In an ironic twist, fellow breast-flasher Jackson will appear on the show on March 29, in the singer's first network television interview since the Super Dome incident.

Screw that no talent ass clown.

Stupid whore...and she ruined Kurt Kobaines career. :fyou

I don't mind Courtney Love, she's strange but at least she's a free spirit. More entertaining than the usual mindless broads they have on talk shows. And she can play guitar and sing pretty well, you gotta respect that.

Most likely it has something to do with the fact that an Aussie posted it...

No, I understand that. I'm just saying that when describing a story of this insignificance the Sun Times would not put the local time in the story, would they?

No, I understand that. I'm just saying that when describing a story of this insignificance the Sun Times would not put the local time in the story, would they?

I just copied this article from news.com.au, hence why the time frame was put in. But yeah, u wouldn't see that in an American paper.

I just copied this article from news.com.au, hence why the time frame was put in. But yeah, u wouldn't see that in an American paper.

Yeah, I realized it was copied. Just curious if that's typical that they would do that for all stories.