***Official Game Thread - Sox vs. Cubs 3/19/04***

Cali

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This same thing happened last week, we were up at the begining of the game with 3/4 of our team not playing and the full cubs line up in, but then of course we lost it late in the game just like the cubs are doin now.

yeah, but did you read that Sun Time article as to why Cotts hit Jackson which led to the cubs fourth run? Basically, it was in retaliation for a high slide he did a few innings before an Willie Harris. I like the aggressiveness on Ozzie's part. If it means losing a spring training game to help promote team unity, so be it. I had no problem with that.

As for why Joe Nossick retired:

Joe Nossek resigned as bench coach March 19 due to his continuing physical issues. Nossek, 63, who spent 13 seasons as a coach for the White Sox, will remain with the club in a non-uniform capacity. He said his aches and pains prevent him from being in uniform. "I have had a knee replaced, a shoulder is next and my back continues to be a problem," he said. "It just has gotten tougher and tougher to be at the ballpark each day."

Got it from espn.com

Ok we have our f***ing starting lineup in there facing a AAA pitcher and the Scrubs have most of their big guys on the bench.  WTF??????

well i think ozzie and dusty made a pack to let each other win at home, cus when we played them it was their starting lineup and our minor leaguers

Good lord, Uribe's 2 run blast was on replay just now, and he swang that bat with authority!  I thought Uribe wasnt going to be swinging for the fences this year.

During the at-bat KW was talking about how he wasn't pulling the ball as much... Creditting the great coaching of walker---

Uribe worked the count to 3-0 -- was given the green light and turned on a weak pitch deep but foul -- the next pitch was the same exact pitch -- Uribe had seen it made the adjustment and CRUSHED it.

I think Koch's velocity is hidden with the WMD's in Iraq.

I give not one s*** how fast he throws if he gets people out.

It's all about adapting - if the 98mph heater is gone forever, he needs to learn how to locate, move pitches around, "change the hitter's eye level" as Farmer loves to say, and mix up his pitches.

That seems to be what he's working on this spring.

I'll wait to pass judgment on him until I see him face ML hitters in game situations, but he seems effective right now.