Kris Benson

Butter Parque

If the sox could trade for Kris Benson that would be great. He could become our #4 starter and then I would put Dan Wright as the 5. Schoenweis has been horrible this spring and is clearly not capable of being a starter, much less the #4! Dan Wright has been great and has tremendous upside. I beg you White Sox, trade for Kris Benson!

I saw the article on yahoo, but is that all your basing this thread on? If so, the title of this thread isnt right.

Yeah. I was under the same premise too. I was thinking who was traded this time?

Unless we move Koch in the deal, hell no. I think I'll take my chances on Scho rather then have Kris Benson's $6.2 mill contract and his injury proneness and his less-then-mediocre results(5-9 4.97 in 105 innings...for $6 mill, no thanks).

BTW, regarding players sucking in ST...IT IS SPRING f***ING TRAINING. I think I've said that about 5 times, and many others have said it as well. If he sucks in the regular season, it will be dealt with.

The whole thing with Schoney as had been said numerous times already. He is working on his Cutter and change up only. He is only throwing those two pitches. Lets see how he looks in the next outting or two when it starts getting alittle more serious in ST and then judge how he looks when he throws all his pitches.

I don't necessarily agree with the Sox just giving that number slot to Schoney. But since they did, he's been doing what he thinks it takes to make him the best starter he can be. I like his approach of learning and mastering those two pitches. He certainly has not proven that he "is clearly not capable of being a starter". He has been trying to prove he could be a starter, he's been trying to be a better starter than he otherwise would have been. You take a pitcher's best two pitches ... any pitcher ... and he's going to suck. Schoney has done this now because THESE GAMES DON'T MEAN SQUAT.

Here's my problem with Benson...their are better options.

Try and pull Juan Cruz from the Cubs (not that I think they will deal him). Maybe go after one of the pitchers the Dodgers are dangling or one of the Angels pitchers. I mean I don't like Ramon Ortiz, but at least he's proven he can pitch in the AL and has been healthy, unlike Benson.

I mean if the Sox are willing to add this type of payroll, why not add Urbina because that would instantly make this bullpen a hell of a lot better and be a way to compensate if some of the back end starters struggle, plus you don't have to give anything up.

All I'm saying is the Sox would be a hell of a lot better off with Odalis Perez, Ishii, Juan Cruz, Jarrod Washburn, Ramon Ortiz or Ugie Urbina then they would with Kris Benson. And for the package being tangled, I would think we could get at least one of those other starters and like I said with the salary the Sox would be adding, they could get Urbina.

So in short...screw Benson.

Here's my problem with Benson...their are better options.

Try and pull Juan Cruz from the Cubs (not that I think they will deal him).  Maybe go after one of the pitchers the Dodgers are dangling or one of the Angels pitchers.  I mean I don't like Ramon Ortiz, but at least he's proven he can pitch in the AL and has been healthy, unlike Benson. 

I mean if the Sox are willing to add this type of payroll, why not add Urbina because that would instantly make this bullpen a hell of a lot better and be a way to compensate if some of the back end starters struggle, plus you don't have to give anything up. 

All I'm saying is the Sox would be a hell of a lot better off with Odalis Perez, Ishii, Juan Cruz, Jarrod Washburn, Ramon Ortiz or Ugie Urbina then they would with Kris Benson.  And for the package being tangled, I would think we could get at least one of those other starters and like I said with the salary the Sox would be adding, they could get Urbina.

So in short...screw Benson.

Agreed.

Also, as I've said before, I would love nothing more then to trade Konerko and somehow, someway try and get Kipper back from Pittsburgh while also getting Randall Simon. Simon is a pretty damn good player and I would love to have Kipper's arm back on the Southside. Maybe a Rauch, Valenzuela, and Diaz package could get them, maybe we'd have to add another prospect...I don't know. I do know I'd love to get them both though.

Agreed.

Also, as I've said before, I would love nothing more then to trade Konerko and somehow, someway try and get Kipper back from Pittsburgh while also getting Randall Simon.  Simon is a pretty damn good player and I would love to have Kipper's arm back on the Southside.  Maybe a Rauch, Valenzuela, and Diaz package could get them, maybe we'd have to add another prospect...I don't know.  I do know I'd love to get them both though.

Anything that brings Kipper back to the South Side, I'm for.

Am I the only one being realistic about the white sox's chances this season. They have none! You guys can keep your faith in Schoenweis while I be realistic. Yeah, this may be only spring training, but look how he did with aneheim as a starter. In three years as a starter, he posted up an ERA of 5.18! Oh but I should agree with you idiots and have total confidence in this bum. I'm not saying, I'm not rooting for him and the chisox this year, but I'm just expecting a sub-par season, this way disappointment won't come once again. I know how this organization is run and that provides me with little to no confidence.

Am I the only one being realistic about the white sox's chances this season. They have none! You guys can keep your faith in Schoenweis while I be realistic. Yeah, this may be only spring training, but look how he did with aneheim as a starter. In three years as a starter, he posted up an ERA of 5.18! Oh but I should agree with you idiots and have total confidence in this bum. I'm not saying, I'm not rooting for him and the chisox this year, but I'm just expecting a sub-par season, this way disappointment won't come once again. I know how this organization is run and that provides me with little to no confidence.

You may feel they have no chance, but to be called an idiot by you is offending. That is like the pot calling the rainbow black. :dips***

Thanks for bad-mouthing me, but you still haven't been able to answer me about Schoenweis' terrible career as a starter.

How can you say that the Sox have no chance? The Sox might not be the favorites(at least I don't think so), but they certainly have a chance in the AL Central. You critize Schoeneweis, which is fine because I don't think he will have a great season, but you have to understand that the 5th starters last year combined for a 6.75 ERA last year. Schoeneweis's career ERA as a starter(5.25) looks like a CY Young canidate compared to the production that the Sox got last year. Furthermore, have you seen the end of the rotations for the Twins and Royals? They are just as bad as the Sox. Finally, Benson certainly isn't the answer. He has posted an ERA of 4.70 in 02 and 4.97 in 03. Not to mention the fact that he is injury-prone(missed the entire 2001 season and hasn't pitched more than 130 IP the last 2 years). Just some things to think about.

1st- If Benson stays healthy he definitely will do better than Schoneweis. He needs a new scenery so that he could get away from a city that hasn't smelled a championship for years. Plus, he could get away from all those expectations that were there in Pitt when he was drafted first overall. This guy has the talent and the stuff to be up there with Prior.

2nd- I'd just like to make it clear that I am a loyal whitesox fan, but It just seems that the pitching and the bullpen aren't good enough for them to beat Minnesota. Now without an experienced bench coach to help Ozzie, it makes his job that much more difficult.

1st- If Benson stays healthy he definitely will do better than Schoneweis. He needs a new scenery so that he could get away from a city that hasn't smelled a championship for years. Plus, he could get away from all those expectations that were there in Pitt when he was drafted first overall. This guy has the talent and the stuff to be up there with Prior.

2nd- I'd just like to make it clear that I am a loyal whitesox fan, but It just seems that the pitching and the bullpen aren't good enough for them to beat Minnesota. Now without an experienced bench coach to help Ozzie, it makes his job that much more difficult.

No one is badmouthing you. Your entitled to your opinion as are we. As far as Benson goes, I just look at his stats and he's average. Does he have potential, yes, but at 6.5 mill (high salary) and a high injury probability, it isn't worth the risk.

Their a better, less riskier options, that can also be very good. In fact, I think Scho is a guy like that. I like him that much. I always liked him when he was in Anaheim and there was a time when the Angels were much higher on Scho then they ever were on Washburn.

Scho has some ability and has been busting his ass. I don't love the way this rotation looks, but not many people loved the way the 2000 team looked and look what happened.

This team has some guys htat have the ability to step into new roles and produce. Whether they do or don't, I don't know, but its a definate possibility.