White Sox Sportscenter preview

WHarris1

I can't really say that I'm surprised by their predictions.

I can also see the potential for the Sox finishing 3rd, maybe even 4th if a few players falter ( Loaiza, Garland, Konerko, Koch, etc ).

Do I think they will all fail? No.

Do I think the Indians are ready to take the next step? No.

I think the Sox will stick around all year and probably win the very weak AL Central.

This year's team is weird, in the fact that if you look at them with a positive outlook you can find enough things to be optimistic about, but you can make just as strong a case if you look at them negatively.

I was pessimistic at first. Then I thought about it...this is what I think (like what I think matters :rolleyes: )...

KC was a "flash in the pan" last year, they won't surprise anyone this year like they did last year.

The Twinkies too just as many "roster hits" as the Sox did during the off-season, they can't be as good as last year.

Forget about the Injuns, they aren't ready yet.

Detroit...yeah, right.

Which leads us to, THE SOX. We have more offensive punch in our lineups than all of these teams combined. Our pitching matches up favorably with them as well. If we had a real 5th starter, and a dependable 2B, we'd run away with the Central. Also, forget the Shingo-experiment, that ain't gonna work!

We will win the Division with a 93 win season.

Who cares, its preseason...who picked the Marlins last year, who picked the Angels the year before...who picked the Cubs being an out away from the series.

Heck, weren't the Sox supposed to be GOOD last year.

Screw it, the baseball players just need to go out and do their thing. If they play well, the Sox will be fine, the fans will come and I'm confident KW will add a piece or two.

If they struggle, then screw them, the team will be blown up (at least some of the players) and we'll be in for a rebuilding period.

Its just the way its going to be.

Who cares, its preseason...who picked the Marlins last year, who picked the Angels the year before...who picked the Cubs being an out away from the series. 

Screw it, the baseball players just need to go out and do their thing.  If they play well, the Sox will be fine, the fans will come and I'm confident KW will add a piece or two.

If they struggle, then screw them, the team will be blown up (at least some of the players) and we'll be in for a rebuilding period. 

Well said

Screw it, the baseball players just need to go out and do their thing.  If they play well, the Sox will be fine, the fans will come and I'm confident KW will add a piece or two.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

On just what basis do you say that?

The White Sox haven't had a blow up/rebuilding phase since mid-1997 and there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe that KW goes for such things,

The White Sox haven't had a blow up/rebuilding phase since mid-1997 and there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe that KW goes for such things,

i would say so cuz KW likes our nucleus of young guys so i would hope he would try and give them a shot and get in some constants

Well by blowing them up, I can guarantee you if the Sox lose they will move Ordonez, try and move Konerko, let Koch walk, let Elo walk (they'd probably trade him at midseason), and try and move Thomas.

This would open room to give the youngsters some gigs and the Sox would have a ton of money off the books.

The past few years the Sox haven't had to blown up, the team has been in a solid position, but you only go so long with a losing base. If the core players can't get it done, then adjustments have to be made.

Its hard to say what will happen, but if the Sox suck this year, I don't expect much anyone with a contract back, unless they are young and signed affordably long term as well as playing good.

Plus with Reed, Borchard, Sweeney, Anderson, Honel, Wing, Rauch, and others all on the brink in the next year and a half (Albeit, some of those players would be rushed) I could see reason for the Sox to do it.

Also to add to that, the Sox did deal Ray Durham, Sandy Alomar, Kenny Lofton, Bobby Howry in 2001 (I think thats when it was) after the team was incredibly dissapointing.

ESPN has been on the Indians bandwagon this offseason, can't say I'm suprised with fourth place. And yes, KW will blow this team up IF we are losing and have no chance of winning the division. Then u can call up ur Reed's, Borchard's, even ur Honel's and Wing's if they pitch well in Birmingham and giv em sum experience.

Good. Good for ESPN. Hell, I hope every popular news publication that any person in the Sox organization, player, coach, management, reads says that we come in fourth. Hell, put us behind the players.

Let our players have a chip on their shoulder, it'll make them have something to prove. It seems players play better when there's no pressure. I don't think anyone thought we'd win 90+ and the division in 2000; I don't think many people predicted a Marlins World Series appearance last year.

Just once the Sox play well and win the division, I don't want to hear any crap saying that "We knew they could do it the whole time." Shove it up their asses, and lets go. :bringit :headbang

I'll also give you an "Amen" to that one bro!!!! By the way.... if you read this, be careful!!! I just hit my 100th posting! You're on the 15,000 mark. I mentioned to "Be Careful" because I might pass you up in a couple of days.

Yeah...Right!!!

I just saw it on Sportscenter. Love the way how Harold Reynolds talked about how Ozzie and Frank will get along. Uh, Harold, if you had been paying attention when Frank arrived, he gave Ozzie a big hug, and has only said positive things. But that's okay. You're ESPN, and most times, your entire rosters of experts never know what in the hell you're talking about. Now back to your daily report with Pawtucket Gammons on how the Yanks and Red Sox will take over the world.