Sunday's game

Don't completely count out Neal Cotts for the 5th spot.  His chances are slim, but he isn't totally out of the picture.

Got this lil tidbit bout Cotts,

Left-hander Neal Cotts, who still has an outside shot at the No. 5 spot in the rotation, has been scheduled to throw to some Triple-A batters in Tucson on Wednesday and then start against the Kansas City Royals on March 29. Right-hander Jon Garland is slated to throw to some Triple-A batters earlier on March 29.

Guillen said Cotts will go to Triple A if he's not in the rotation. "He's in the mix. I love that kid," Guillen said. "He has potential to be a great pitcher. If you put him in the bullpen and don't use him, it might hurt him. In that case, he should start in the minor leagues. We're going to do what's best for the kid and best for the team."

Guillen said Cotts will go to Triple A if he's not in the rotation. "He's in the mix. I love that kid," Guillen said.

Guillen also said this about Buehrle on Saturday:

"I know every five days I'm going to look like a good manager because he's on the mound,'' Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen said.  "The kid is special. Our entire pitching staff could learn from him. I love this kid.''

I'm sensing a lot of love here.

"Awesome," Guillen said of Garland's six innings pitched, allowing two earned runs on six hits and one walk. It was the longest outing of the spring for the right-hander.

"That's the Garland I want to see during the season," Guillen added. " He knows he has all my confidence and that I root for him and will do everything he needs to have success in this game.  I love that guy."

eek.gif