If the Beatles had stayed together

Texsox

Which one would have wanted to do a Disco Album?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would have wanted to do a Disco Album?

• George
    • Paul
    • John
    • Ringo
    • All
    • None

they were all alive in the disco era, John died in late 1980, George in late 2001, PaulMac and Ringo are still with us, any one of them could have made a disco album had they wanted to but none did and that is the answer: None

they were all alive in the disco era, John died in late 1980, John in late 2001, PaulMac and Ringo are still with us, any one of them could have made a disco album had they wanted to but none did and that is the answer: None

Listen NTNboy the question was who would have "wanted" to, not who did. ;) :finger :lol: :lol:

they were all alive in the disco era, John died in late 1980, John in late 2001, PaulMac and Ringo are still with us, any one of them could have made a disco album had they wanted to but none did and that is the answer: None

I'm thinking as a group. I am assuming they would have continued to innovate, move ahead, and not play Yesterday over and over again. The Stones did a Disco album. I'm thinking early on before Disco became a parody of itself, they may have tried one. After all Rock was dance music in the beginning.

Still the best argument would be made for none, based on the evidence of their solo careers.

Dude,

John died twice? Whoa deep.

The Stones' disco album being referred to is undoubtedly Emotional Rescue. It's stunning how much I hated that record as a kid in comparison to their earlier stuff when it came out, versus how I look back at the album as being pretty good next to most of the drek they put out subsequently.

While I don't think there would have been a Beatles disco album, note that there there were very disco-styled cuts off of a couple of solo Beatle records. Paul's McCartney II has cuts like Coming Up, Temporary Secretary and the instrumental Frozen Jap (a poke at Yoko?) that are very disco beatbox. Coming Up in particular, was waaay disco, yet strangely catchy and seductive.

The Lennon/Bowie/Alomar (Sandy, Sandy, or Robbie I'm not sure) anthem Fame is quite early-era (1975) disco too, as was a lot of Bowie's stuff from back then.

In the height of the disco era (ca 1978) George was going the opposite way with compositions like Blow Away, but some of the more forgetable stuff on the early 80s Somewhere in England gets kind of beatboxy. Ringo was busy tagging Barbara Bach at the time, so he didn't have the time to put out any disco hits.

With the way Disco died, under it's own self importance and excess, it is hard to take the music seriously. I wonder if there could have been a truly great disco sound. If it is possible, who better than the Beatles to define it?

freudian slip I guess because I finally have accepted John's murder but not yet George's death

There are only a handfull of events where I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when they happened. John's murder was one of them.

I had been putting off buying Double Fantasy until I was at the mall, I didn't think it warrented a special trip. I went out that day and picked up a copy.

With the way Disco died, under it's own self importance and excess, it is hard to take the music seriously. I wonder if there could have been a truly great disco sound. If it is possible, who better than the Beatles to define it?

Queen did a disco-like CD (I believe it was the 'Deep Space' CD, being that they are at home, I cant guarantee that is the one that I mean). The CD wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't one of my favorites.

Queen did a disco-like CD (I believe it was the 'Deep Space' CD, being that they are at home, I cant guarantee that is the one that I mean).  The CD wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't one of my favorites.

Much of 'The Game' is also quite disco, especially 'Another One Bites the Dust.' I think there was a time when that was the ONLY song played on Chicago radio stations - man did they overplay that song.