Myyyyy First Car!!!!

Wise Master Buehrle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like that new body style when it first came out.. and the pit looks small. Is it comfortable?

I love my new car. Just flipped 1K miles yesterday on the way home from work...

Very comfortable - but the backseat is tight - I had no problems when we and a friend of his took a road trip, but his friends didn't fit well when they drove to MSU for a MSU-MU hockey game a few years ago).

Brian is 6'2 and was about 170lbs when he had his 2001 Cougar C2 (traded it in for a 2001 Mustang GT) and he was comfortable in it as well (we both had the fabric option, could have had leather, but I much prefer fabric for car seats).

Rumor has it that they will be bringing back the Cougar as it was meant to be - muscle car!!! For the new model it will be a Mercury Mustang (sort of like what the Capri was in the 70s and early to mid 80s - before the two seater version). I've seen some drawings they have and it looks SWEET!

I've got 48K on mine and it is due for service as well...

Rumor has it that they will be bringing back the Cougar as it was meant to be - muscle car!!!  For the new model it will be a Mercury Mustang (sort of like what the Capri was in the 70s and early to mid 80s - before the two seater version).  I've seen some drawings they have and it looks SWEET!

If they change it will you guys buy the new body style..? That's what I did. :lolhitting

and you always make your first car a bumper car before you are done -

So right! My first car was a 1979 Chevy Malibu. Gold mettalic. :lol:

I was driving along, safely on snow covered ground in an incredible fog and all of a sudden there was a Ford F-250 pick up stopped in the middle of a country road. Ran his bumper right into my engine, the hood crumbled up and broke my windshield, slid off into the ditch. End of car. :angry:

If they change it will you guys buy the new body style..? That's what I did.  :lolhitting

By the time it is supposed to come out, I am hoping we'll need a sedan. :ph34r:

Seriously, I know that one of us will have a sportier car of some sort. We might, but I know he is drooling over the new Mustang, so I guess we'll see. We won't be looking for a new car until at least a year after the wedding, or so. Now as for looking for a antique or muscle car... :ph34r:

You need to learn to mind your own business.

Spend more time with your ears open and your mouth shut...we'll all be better off if you do!

Israel,

She put it in green. She was kidding. A joke. Relax, buddy.

Israel,

She put it in green. She was kidding. A joke. Relax, buddy.

Oh let him be....

Poor thing.. :crying :crying :crying

Racists are, by nature, hostile individuals I imagine.

I hear Hawk in the backround. ;)

My first car was a 1982 Honda Civic station wagon.

IN 1993, I was driving some friends back to their dorm at UIC from the south side after a party in the late summer. It was about 3:00am when I dropped them off, and I turned around to come home. Around the 87th St. ramp of the Ryan, the transmission literally fell to pieces, and I steered over to the shoulder around 95th St. It was then that I realized that I wasn't wearing any shoes. I ran up the 95th St. ramp to the bus station (in bare feet) with only $.35 to my name. I found a pay phone and tried to call home. Nobody would pick up, and I had to hang up after 3 rings, so the machine wouldn't pick up and eat my last quarter. I finally got a hold of one of my neighbors, who graciously agreed to come pick me up. When I told them where I was, they said they hoped I was still alive by the time they got there.

My first car (not the family car I used to drive) was a 1999 Blazer LT. I loved my 4x4, except at the gas pump.

Now I have a BMW 330i (2003). Kicks ass, but now too small, (I (we) have an 8 week old son.)

I need to go bigger. Suggestions?

Who says government work doesn't pay

'86 Plymouth Reliant station wagon in powder blue--hott.

Then a Taurus (great car!) but wrecked by family member.

Now I think I'm going to get a Ford Focus sedan. But I really want a Civic Hybrid--but they're too expensive...Fortunatly the focus is great too...

Uh, have you ever been to 95th and State?  At 3:00am?

Not good times.

It's in green Ghost. :rolleyes:

Me and a buddy of mine took a wrong turn after a Don Hennely concert at UIC Pavillion and their is some areas on Milwaukee Ave. that I would like to forget. :ph34r:

'86 Plymouth Reliant station wagon in powder blue--hott.

Then a Taurus (great car!) but wrecked by family member.

Now I think I'm going to get a Ford Focus sedan. But I really want a Civic Hybrid--but they're too expensive...Fortunatly the focus is great too...

Stay away from the hybrids--for now.

The potassium hydroxide batteries they use don't have a long life(I think 5-6 years) and replacing them costs about $5000.

My first vehicle was a hand-me-down 1978 Chevy Suburban known throughout my high school as "The Beast". :headbang

My Senior year I bought my first car.  A 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hard top.  All black with a flame paint job. :headbang Nice big back seat BTW!!! :wub:

Similar to this:

57_chevy.JPG

What would you need such a big back seat for anyways? :D

Stay away from the hybrids--for now.

The potassium hydroxide batteries they use don't have a long life(I think 5-6 years) and replacing them costs about $5000.

Ouch, thanks for the advice--I hadn't heard that yet.

Yeah, I can't afford it anyway--Ford for me: affordable AND reliable! :wub: