Brian Roberts, 2B, BAL

Can anyone tell me why this guy is not being drafted. I see some places have him listed as the starting 2B but others have Hariston This guy would help me a great deal in steals but I don't want to pick him up if he isnt starting. As you can see form my team below it is in need for some speed. Thanks for your help.

Here is my team:

Starters

C Mike Piazza

1B Frank Thomas

2B Mark Loretta

3B Troy Glaus

SS Miguel Tejada

OF Carlos Lee

OF Jim Edmonds

OF Shawn Green

OF Austin Kearns

OF J.D. Drew

1B/3B Derek Lee

2B/SS Orlando Cabrera

UTIL Pat Burrell

RP Eric Gagne

RP John Smoltz

RP Mariano Rivera

RP Robb Nen

RP Billy Koch

SP Vicente Padilla

SP Kelvim Escobar

SP Brian Anderson

SP Edwin Jackson

Bench 1B Ryan Klesko

Bench OF Jermaine Dye

Bench RP Matt Herges

Can anyone tell me why this guy is not being drafted. I see some places have him listed as the starting 2B but others have Hariston This guy would help me a great deal in steals but I don't want to pick him up if he isnt starting. Thanks for yuor help.

Well most say Jerry Hairston Jr. is the better second baseman but he had an injury early on in Spring Training which will likely result in him missing the start of the season (fractured knuckle). So as of right now I'd say Roberts is the starter, but I'd bet if Hairston's injury isn't too serious then he'll be back starting for the O's.

One of them will be traded. Both are MLB ready, and there has been talk about the Os trading one of the two.

So do you think I should pick up Roberts? Who should I drop? Or how about Damian Jackson from Colorado? I know Miles is pushing him, but Jackson has tons of speed as well.

Hairston will probably start since he gets paid a hell of alot more.  Speculation was that Roberts would go to the Yankees to fill their hole at second.  I am a big fan of Brian Roberts so I don't think he is a terrible addition as a backup but you already have Cabrera.

I agree Cabrera is better, but I am looking to upgrade over Loretta.

I dont understand why Cabrera could be used at 2B too...dont make much sense IMHO.

It is an ESPN league and one of the starting line up spots is the middle infield spot or 2B/SS spot. You must have a SS, 2B, and a 2B/SS in your starting lineup. Cabrera may not and can not be used as a 2B.

It is an ESPN league and one of the starting line up spots is the middle infield spot or 2B/SS spot. You must have a SS, 2B, and a 2B/SS in your starting lineup. Cabrera may not and can not be used as a 2B.

I figured he couldnt play 2B. Right now in one of my leagues, I have Polanco. I am thinking about taking a chance on Orlando Hudson and hoping.There really are not a ton of good 2Bs. They all should put up similar production. Loretta will have alot more protection this year though.