School Librarian Suspended For Taping Students'

Queen Prawn

More Than Two Dozen Kids Say They Were Taped.

My third grade teacher did that to a classmate and after taping his mouth, she tied him to a chair. The kid's mom was the kindergarten teacher. My 3rd grade teacher didn't get in any trouble, in fact the kid's mom appologized and finally got the kid the help he needed (he was severely hyper-active).

Strange how much a difference 20 years makes in classroom punishment. :bang

Yep that's how it was for me in grammer school too. If I did something my parents were very apologetic to the teacher for my behavior and then they would give it to me when I got home...It is totally different now.

My sister is a teacher and you should hear the stories she tells me about kids parents. They seriously come in and yell at her saying..."my kid told me you just don't like them and thats why they failed" They actualy LISTEN to their kids when they tell them (as I'm sure many of us have) ...Mrs. or Mr. so and so just doesn't like me....

MY parents knew I was full of s*** when I tried to pull that

At the same time, if anyone lays a hand on my kids, I will be pissed. If there is a problem you call me and I will take care of it. I don't want some teacher or librarian laying a finger on my kids.

At the same time, if anyone lays a hand on my kids, I will be pissed. If there is a problem you call me and I will take care of it. I don't want some teacher or librarian laying a finger on my kids.

That's something that has changed as well.

My mom, Brian and myself all went to parochial school where nuns (at least a few) taught. They wouldn't think twice about whipping out a ruler and whacking your hands or upside the head if you were out of line and if your parents found out that you caused Sister trouble, you get whacked twice as hard at home. Heck, it was a joke about a nun slapping Brian with a ruler that caused us to actually meet.

Favorite corporal punishment story. My old principal like to spank with his belt. One morning I guess I was a bit disruptive and he took me into the boys restrom for a spanking. It was the grab your ankles and a couple wacks across the ass. After he hit me the frst time I yelled ouch, pretended to fall forward hitting my head, and passing out. He shakes me and tries to get me to come to. Of course I am playing possum.

He freaks and runs out of the room to find the nurse, half yelling as he went.

As soon as he left, I was out the door and on my way to the lake to go swimming.

Man did I catch hell from the police when I finally showed up at home. They saw through my "I was so scared he was going to kill me defense" :D

3 months later, when he was presenting me with the highest grade point average award, he wasn't smiling :lolhitting

Favorite corporal punishment story. My old principal like to spank with his belt. One morning I guess I was a bit disruptive and he took me into the boys restrom for a spanking. It was the grab your ankles and a couple wacks across the ass. After he hit me the frst time I yelled ouch, pretended to fall forward hitting my head, and passing out. He shakes me and tries to get me to come to. Of course I am playing possum.

He freaks and runs out of the room to find the nurse, half yelling as he went.

As soon as he left, I was out the door and on my way to the lake to go swimming.

Man did I catch hell from the police when I finally showed up at home. They saw through my "I was so scared he was going to kill me defense"  :D

3 months later, when he was presenting me with the highest grade point average award, he wasn't smiling  :lolhitting

Great story Texsox. :cheers

I agree with you that no one should touch your kids. I've been in too many situations through my school days to where teachers and/or administrators had certain prejudices that influenced how they handled things. One of my kids came home from school one day telling me that he had been threatened with a wooden paddle by a teacher. I walked in the school the next day, after my son was in class. I went to the principle. I told her in no uncertain terms that if any adult lays his hands on my kids or intentionally strikes them in any way, that person would answer to me. Man or woman, I didn't give a s***. A full grown adult striking a 7 year old child is much worse than a man hitting a woman. And I would have made good on my threat. Of course, I would have gone to jail as well, but that wouldn't have prevented me from protecting my child.