Texsox

Which AL Central Team did the worst in the off Season  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which AL Central Team did the worst in the off Season

• Indians
    • Royals
    • Sox
    • Twins

Twins lost alot out of their pitching staff.  So I definitely think they had a worse off season.  We'll be able to tell at the end of the year though.  We really didn't do a whole lot, but besides Colon, we didn't lose anybody worth a ton.

flash, everett, alomar, and graffy

Being a fan, I would say that it sucks to lose those guys.  Being a realist, I say those aren't devastating losses.

Flash is. Our pen wasnt awesome last year. Marte and Flash got used a ton last season. He is a huge loss. We have to hope Politte and Koch can come back after poor 2003 campaigns.

I went Twins on this. Steve has brought up their losses(Hawkins, Guardado, Milton, Pierzynski, and one Steve did not mention, Dustan Mohr went to SF as well), and while Milton and Mohr made very limited contributions to their club last year, the others still hurt quite a bit. They have been replaced though.

The Sox lost Colon, Gordon, Everett, Alomar, Sullivan, Graffy, and if you want, Daubach too. However, the only key losses were Colon and Gordon. Gordon has been replaced and then some(our pen last year was Wunsch, Marte, Gordon, Koch, White, and I believe Glover going into opening day last year...this year, Wunsch, Marte, and Koch return from last year, and Politte being the only lock for the team really, then we pick 2-3 from a group of Jackson, Grilli, Adkins, Shingo, Ginter, and possibly others as well. You give me any combination of those 5 to fill ou the pen, and I like it more then our pen last year. However, the key loss from last year is Colon. He put up less then stellar stats(15-13 3.87), however, we have to replace his 242 innings. I think those are easily replaced. Garland will probably throw 200 innings this year, Buehrle will throw 230-240 again this year, Loaiza will throw anywhere from 180-190 or 220-230...we'll have to see. Also, Scho will probably throw 180-200, and Wright will throw 180-200, and those innings that we get from Wright will probably be enough just from our #5 spot to replace Colon's 242 innings.

Add to that the new man in charge brings in an attitude that is second to none in how good it is, and I don't think our offseason was all that bad, even with the very few moves we actually made.

I went Twins on this.  Steve has brought up their losses(Hawkins, Guardado, Milton, Pierzynski, and one Steve did not mention, Dustan Mohr went to SF as well), and while Milton and Mohr made very limited contributions to their club last year, the others still hurt quite a bit.  They have been replaced though.

The Sox lost Colon, Gordon, Everett, Alomar, Sullivan, Graffy, and if you want, Daubach too.  However, the only key losses were Colon and Gordon.  Gordon has been replaced and then some(our pen last year was Wunsch, Marte, Gordon, Koch, White, and I believe Glover going into opening day last year...this year, Wunsch, Marte, and Koch return from last year, and Politte being the only lock for the team really, then we pick 2-3 from a group of Jackson, Grilli, Adkins, Shingo, Ginter, and possibly others as well.  You give me any combination of those 5 to fill ou the pen, and I like it more then our pen last year.  However, the key loss from last year is Colon.  He put up less then stellar stats(15-13 3.87), however, we have to replace his 242 innings.  I think those are easily replaced.  Garland will probably throw 200 innings this year, Buehrle will throw 230-240 again this year, Loaiza will throw anywhere from 180-190 or 220-230...we'll have to see.  Also, Scho will probably throw 180-200, and Wright will throw 180-200, and those innings that we get from Wright will probably be enough just from our #5 spot to replace Colon's 242 innings. 

Add to that the new man in charge brings in an attitude that is second to none in how good it is, and I don't think our offseason was all that bad, even with the very few moves we actually made.

I forgot about Mohr, but if you look at it this way, he and Nathan cancel each other out IMHO.