Cubs trade Juan Cruz

I see the cubs are going to use Pratt in their bullpen. They have a ton of starters in their farm system so it isn't much loss to them but a big gain for Atlanta. Cruz could have the same effect Maddux had when he left the cubs. That is, be one of the dominent pitchers in the game.

Here is something on Lewis BTW...

Lewis, 23, batted .404 in the Arizona Fall League after hitting .239 for the Braves' Double-A team last year, his third professional season. Primarily a second baseman, Lewis will likely be assigned to one of the Cubs' minor league teams.

From Chicagosports.com: A Cubbie fan ponders the following:

49. Why is Urbina not being seriously pursued? What is his damaged goods? He has fine stats and has won when needed.

Submitted by: Rich Noonan

7:54 PM CST, Mar 25, 2004

Yeah, why don't they pursue that Urbina fella? :lolhitting:

I think the Cubs decided that Cruz would not ever do anything Chicago and that he needed a change of scene. They got a pretty decent LH pitcher in Pratt, as he led the IL in K's last year. The 2B the got was the 40th overall pick a few years ago, so he may have some upside as well. I can see Mazzone making Cruz an ace, but would he have ever achieved that with the Scrubs? I think the Cubs they better move him while he still had some tangible value.