Do the Sox need a different 2b?

knightni

I was just reading on the Mets board on ESPN. They all seem to think the Mets have traded Timo Perez to the Chi Sox for Juan Uribe. Anyone hear anything about this?? I am wondering why the Sox would want to trade Uribe for another outfielder?? Unless one of the outfielders will be shipped soon... I hope this is a lot of bull though.

I was just reading on the Mets board on ESPN. They all seem to think the Mets have traded Timo Perez to the Chi Sox for Juan Uribe. Anyone hear anything about this?? I am wondering why the Sox would want to trade Uribe for another outfielder?? Unless one of the outfielders will be shipped soon... I hope this is a lot of bull though.

I just read that whole thread to check it out. It just looks like a whole lot of BS and speculation. I don't think we're going to do anything. If we do make a deal like this, I really want to see where we're going with it. This deal helps us how?

Wow that trade makes.......................................no F'n sense at all, we are looking for another utility IFer not trade the only one we have. In fact(and I really hate to say this) I wouldn't trade Uribe right now for a stud reliever just because of the gaping hole it would leave on this team.

Didn't we trade Singleton to the Orioles for Harris? I could have sworn that's what the deal is....I might be wrong.

Anyway as for a 2B, let Willie and Juan take a shot at it. If they both are having problems than you know Kenny will go out and find someone if we are in contention come June or July.

I might be crazy, but I like the team we have right now.

CWSOX45

Yeah it was Singleton for Harris. I knew that sounded funny when I read it too, I just couldnt grasp who it really was.

Wow that trade makes.......................................no F'n sense at all, we are looking for another utility IFer not trade the only one we have. In fact(and I really hate to say this) I wouldn't trade Uribe right now for a stud reliever just because of the gaping hole it would leave on this team.

Nope, this team is in no way going to trade Uribe, especially for a reserve OF.

I don't think that we should go afta Spivey.  He got sent to baseball exile for a reason.

You are correct in saying that. He did get sent there for a reason.

He was part of a package that got one of the most underrated and most powerful 1Bman in the game to Arizona, and quite frankly, the Diamondbacks overpaid for his services severly.

Junior Spivey was an All-Star in 2002 for a reason, and that reason being that he is a damn good 2Bman.

I would take either Spivey or Vidro on in a second and I would love every second of it(unless we overpaid as badly as Arizona did for Richie Sexson)

You are correct in saying that.  He did get sent there for a reason.

He was part of a package that got one of the most underrated and most powerful 1Bman in the game to Arizona, and quite frankly, the Diamondbacks overpaid for his services severly. 

Junior Spivey was an All-Star in 2002 for a reason, and that reason being that he is a damn good 2Bman.

I would take either Spivey or Vidro on in a second and I would love every second of it(unless we overpaid as badly as Arizona did for Richie Sexson)

I had Spivey on my fantasy team last year, and boy, did he hit a wall. And if you can't hit in Arizona, you can't hit anywhere. It's up there with the most hitter-friendly parks in the league.

So I definitely don't trust Spivey. A flash in the pan until he proves me wrong. Just an automatic out in our lineup if we were to acquire him.

I know they are playing this Uribe/Harris thing.. but what about Eric Young?

Texas doesnt need him at 2b.. they have Soriano now.

They don't need him at SS.. they have Michael Young.

3b? Nope Hank Blalock is anchored there.

So, you think Texas would deal him for a minor league SP?

--------------------------R H HR RBI SB BB AVG  E

E. Young (Tex - 2B) 80 119 15  34  28  57 .251  16

W. Harris (CWS - 2B) 19  28 0 5 12  10 .204 2

J. Uribe (CWS - SS)  45  80  10  33 7 17 .253  12

Young is pretty close to Uribe in HR, RBI and BA.. but he is quicker than Juan.

The Sox could use some speed that actually hits at leadoff.

Just a thought.

If the Sox are going to give up a minor leaguer for a 2nd baseman, then I think it should be for Junior Spivey.

I've also heard Damian Jackson can be had very cheaply, since Miles beat him out for the 2B job I believe.

Why in the hell would we want to trade for a guy that couldn't beat out Miles, who we chose Harris over??

I am not going to start trumpeting Willie Harris' campaign, but let's chill and give this guy a chance. The one problem everyone has had with him is hit hitting, yet he is hitting .300 in ST and getting into a groove at the right time.

I had Spivey on my fantasy team last year, and boy, did he hit a wall.  And if you can't hit in Arizona, you can't hit anywhere.  It's up there with the most hitter-friendly parks in the league.

So I definitely don't trust Spivey.  A flash in the pan until he proves me wrong.  Just an automatic out in our lineup if we were to acquire him.

Junior Spivey's 2003 season can be summed up in one word.

Injuries

Junior Spivey's 2003 season can be summed up in one word.

Injuries

Perhaps. All that I remember are a bunch of 0-4 games. For all I know, he was playing through injuries & he kept it to himself. I dropped him before long, though. I picked up Podsednik.

Milwaukee will have a very respectable lineup if he returns to his 2002 form. I can't believe that they got Counsell, Overbay, Moehler, and Spivey for Sexson. That's beyond belief.