Duke Fan In The House!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All week, I kept hearing how great Brown, Williams, and Augustine were. It seems as though, none of them could hit a shot. Anyway I hope you guys will be rooting for my dukies against Xavier. If not, your just like the rest of the haters. Don't hate us cause we're beautiful! Hahahahahahahaha!

EL-CABALLO, You're bandwagon is double parked.

Hopefully this works.... If it doesn't i only wasted 5 minutes.

pwnedduke.gif

LMAO

Anyways, I doubt Duke wins it all. If Okafor is healthy enough to go against Duke next week, Duke is done. I also think OK State is good enough to beat them as well.

Then again, they first have to beat Xavier. That's not going to be easy by any means. Chalmers and Sato are playing so well right now it's not even funny.

All week, I kept hearing how great Brown, Williams, and Augustine were. It seems as though, none of them could hit a shot. Anyway I hope you guys will be rooting for my dukies against Xavier. If not, your just like the rest of the haters. Don't hate us cause we're beautiful! Hahahahahahahaha!

Why would cheering for the underdog make us a hater? Why would the Illini fans cheer for the team they just lost to? It is all fine and dandy to come on here now and post that your a fan of one of the best teams in the nation year in and year out. I am going to be cheering for GT and Xavier today. Both came out of nowhere this year. Neither of our teams have been to the Final Four since 2001, and I hope Xavier extends that streak.

HOw about because you are arrogant pricks who can't say anything until after the fact? Can we hate you for that?

First off, I've been rooting for duke for over 20 years.

2nd, I would of given some cred to the Illini fans if they would have beaten the dukies, but Duhon and Deng were too much. Don't try and say I'm a front-runner or a coward. Just because your team sucks and my team wins every year doesn't make me a coward. You need to stop feeling all this envy towards duke. Maybe in the next few milleniums your Illini could make it to the elite 8, and after that in the year 5050, they could finally make it to the final four. But I don't see a championship coming there way ever because by the time you know it the sun is going to die out.

2nd, I would of given some cred to the Illini fans if they would have beaten the dukies, but Duhon and Deng were too much. Don't try and say I'm a front-runner or a coward. Just because your team sucks and my team wins every year doesn't make me a coward. You need to stop feeling all this envy towards duke. Maybe in the next few milleniums your Illini could make it to the elite 8, and after that in the year 5050, they could finally make it to the final four. But I don't see a championship coming there way ever because by the time you know it the sun is going to die out.

Hahahaha. You're so funny! :lolhitting

BTW, is Duhon the one who has the boo-boo on his ribs? I wasn't sure, I thought I heard the announcer mention it, but I dunno.

First off, my team is a perrenial powerhouse just like your beloved Duke.

That is what all the Cubs fans say too, I have been a fan forever.

Duhon had about one point against Illinois too.

You might want to get running, for the bandwagon is about to leave without you.

:headshake

First off, my team is a perrenial powerhouse just like your beloved Duke.

That is what all the Cubs fans say too, I have been a fan forever.

Duhon had about one point against Illinois too.

You might want to get running, for the bandwagon is about to leave without you.

:headshake

steve over the past 5 years illinois has been more consistent than michigan state aside from 2001 illinois has been better. hey everybody lets bow down to chris duhon he's the best player ever to set foot on a college basketbal court! :puke it makes me sick how people overrate him. ok he's a good defender and a good rebounder but he is not a great player. if he gets drafted he'll go late 2nd round. he probably won't though the only team who would draft him would be charlotte.

steve over the past 5 years illinois has been more consistent than michigan state aside from 2001 illinois has been better.

Let's compare...

Illinois

2004--Fifth seed in the "Atlanta" region

Murray State 1st Round W 72 - 53

Cincinnati 2nd Round W 92 - 68

Duke Sweet 16 L 72 - 62

2003--Fourth seed in West Region

Defeated Western Kentucky in first round, 68-60

Lost to Notre Dame in first round, 68-60

2002--Fourth seed in Midwest Region

Defeated San Diego St. in first round, 93-64

Defeated Creighton in second round, 72-60

Lost to Kansas in regional semifinal, 73-69

2001--First seed in Midwest

Defeated Northwestern State in first round, 96-54

Defeated Charlotte in second round, 79-61

Defeated Kansas in regional semifinal, 80-64

Lost to Arizona in regional final, 87-81

2000--Fourth seed in East Region

Defeated Pennsylvania in first round, 68-58

Lost to Florida in first round, 93-76

1998--Fifth seed in West Region

Defeated South Alabama in first round, 64-51

Lost to Maryland in second round, 67-61

Since '98:

6 Tourney appearances.

Average seed: 3.83

1-Elite 8

Michigan St

2004--Seventh seed in the "St. Loius" region

Lost to Nevada in first round.

2003--Seventh seed in South Region

Defeated Colorado in first round, 79-64

Defeated Florida in second round, 68-46

Defeated Maryland in regional semifinal, 60-58

Lost to Texas in regional final, 85-76

2002--Tenth seed in East Region

Lost to North Carolina State in first round, 69-58

2001--First seed in South Region

Defeated Alabama State in first round, 69-35

Defeated Fresno State in second round, 82-70

Defeated Gonzaga in regional semifinal, 77-62

Defeated Temple in regional final, 69-62

Lost to Arizona in National Semifinal, 80-61

2000--First seed in Midwest Region

Defeated Valparaiso in first round, 65-38

Defeated Utah in second round, 73-61

Defeated Syracuse in regional semifinals, 75-58

Defeated Iowa State in regional finals, 75-64

Defeated Wisconsin in National Semifinals, 53-41

Defeated Florida in National Championship, 89-76

1999--First seed in Midwest Region

Defeated Mount St. Mary's in first round, 76-53

Defeated Mississippi in second round, 74-66

Defeated Oklahoma in regional semifinal, 54-46

Defeated Kentucky in regional final, 73-66

Lost to Duke in National Semifinals, 68-62

1998--Fourth seed in East Region

Defeated Eastern Michigan in first round, 83-71

Defeated Princeton in second round, 63-56

Lost to North Carolina in regional semifinal, 73-58

since '98

7 tourney appearences

average seed=4.42

Average seed

1- National Title

3- Final Fours

1- Elite 8

I epanded it too 7 years to point out true consistency....

However if you want to compare over the last 5:

Michigan State has 2 Final 4 appearances, A NATIONAL TITLE, and an Elite 8 compared to just one Elite 8 for Illinois.

Yeah, I'm a lifelong Illinois fan and I can't see how the argument can be made that they have been better in recent years than Michigan St.

Illinois might have a slight edge in the regular season but the tournament is what really matters and MSU always seems to go deep, besides this year when I finally picked them to. :angry:

Until Illinois can make some consistent runs in the tournament and a couple of Final Four appearances, they can't be considered a powerhouse. I think they're right on the verge of doing that though. :headbang

Again with the Duke Bashing

As your saying that your not bashing Duke, you are. Let me see you go out and play basketball with bruised ribs, actually let me just see you guys try and play basketball. All I am asking for is for you guys to just admit this once that Duke is better than Illinois instead of just carrying out this jealosy towards every team that beats yours. Duhon might not be the best or most talented player, but I can guarantee no one will ever wear the #21 at Duke again, thats for sure. You said he was a crappy shooter but a good rebounder. This guy is one of the best passers in College Basketball today. I'll take him anyday over Ben Gordon. Duhon= the winningest player in Tournament History. Now you try and tell me he is not a good player.