Saddam has an attorney

Texsox

What a surprise, someone wants to be famous... :rolleyes:

He already is. You have to really buy into justice for all to mount a defense. I do agree that in the US we need strong defense attorneys. When someone is convicted, I sleep better knowing there is almost zero chance they are innocent. That only occures when we have active defense attorneys.

But I couldn't work on his team. Not in a million years.

He already is. You have to really buy into justice for all to mount a defense. I do agree that in the US we need strong defense attorneys. When someone is convicted, I sleep better knowing there is almost zero chance they are innocent. That only occures when we have active defense attorneys.

But I couldn't work on his team. Not in a million years.

since I work for defense (and have also worked for prosecution) there are things one could do for the defense and please know th challenge of it would be, is, exciting to many - to take the impossible and make it into something - I can think of a few areas to go just off the top of one's head by showing the complicity of every world ruler/nation who added and abetted on a "I'm going down and so are you" policy -

the "I was out of touch it was my underlings" won't work

The "they weren't so innocent themselvesm I was protecting my country from Kurd terrorisits and traitors and self defense is surely legitimate" might work as a theory to be presented but not one much that will work I wouldn't think -

The "I was doing what the superpwers wanted me to do shown by their supprt in word and deed" would be the way I'd go after a cursury reflection - the US, England, France, and Russia would be particularly unhappy with that defense

The "I was doing what the superpwers wanted me to do shown by their supprt in word and deed" would be the way I'd go after a cursury reflection -  the US, England, France, and Russia would be particularly unhappy with that defense

That's about the only thing that he has a chance on getting free on, and in a world tribunal, it won't help.