KW

SkokieSox

From whitesox.com under the Perez trade

"I'm still waiting for one particular person to pick up the pace a little bit, in terms of them getting ready for the season.

"If they don't pick up the pace, then you might see something different. But at this point, we'll have to let it play out."

When Williams was pressed as to whether he was talking about another general manager in terms of finalizing a trade or one of his own players, Williams made it clear that he was talking about someone from the White Sox currently in Tucson. He wouldn't put forth much more information past that clarification.

"I'm not going to go there," Williams said. "Somebody that thinks he's on the team that might find himself surprised unless he picks it up. That's all I'll say on it."

Who the hell is he talking about?

See this is why I do not like KW. He does s*** like this and singles people out. The team is feeling great, they are meshing and gelling right now, looking to get it started, and then a head man says some s*** like this.

KW, just for this comment alone... :fyou

For the record, I don't give a s*** who it is. This kind of comment pisses me off though. I love the trade for Perez(especially because it is a something for nothing deal...we get something for someone we would not have used). I do not like it when KW opens his mouth, because about every time he's opened his mouth during his reign as GM, bad s*** has come out.

The only two people I think of about a truly disappointing spring is Shingo and Schoenweis. I doubt that Shingo would feel over-confident about his chances given he is a rookie and from Japan. Also, he just doesn't seem to be that kind of person who thinks he's already made the team. So, the only person I think it could be is Shoenweis with his 7.88 era and 24 hits in 16 innings. Maybe Cotts is still at Spring Training because he might be our 2nd lefty starter. Just a thought, but curious to see how this plays out.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. He didn't mention the guys name publicly, and whoever it is, now knows that he should pick it up. For all we know, he just said this to have everyone not take for granted that they made the team and should keep busting their ass all the way to April 5th. Not a big deal. If it's true, the person had better step it up so that we will never know who it is, or it will be plainly obvious. If it gets to that point, well maybe it was better that they didn't make the roster.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. He didn't mention the guys name publicly, and whoever it is, now knows that he should pick it up. For all we know, he just said this to have everyone not take for granted that they made the team and should keep busting their ass all the way to April 5th. Not a big deal. If it's true, the person had better step it up so that we will never know who it is, or it will be plainly obvious. If it gets to that point, well maybe it was better that they didn't make the roster.

It's still not the right thing to say, period. Matt Millen said a similar thing about one of his players a couple years ago, and their attitude for the rest of the year was s***ty(although it happened in like week 15). That's just another thing that should be kept within the organization, like Thomas not returning Ozzie's and KW's phone calls.

Who really cares who is not up to performance, tell them personally, don't let the world know. I could give a s***. So long as they know they need to step it up, that's all that matters to me.

It's still not the right thing to say, period.  Matt Millen said a similar thing about one of his players a couple years ago, and their attitude for the rest of the year was s***ty(although it happened in like week 15).  That's just another thing that should be kept within the organization, like Thomas not returning Ozzie's and KW's phone calls. 

Who really cares who is not up to performance, tell them personally, don't let the world know.  I could give a s***.  So long as they know they need to step it up, that's all that matters to me.

Maybe this is the message to let that person know. Besides, I wouldn't compare KW to Matt Millen, or even the Sox to the Lions for that matter.

Maybe this is the message to let that person know. Besides, I wouldn't compare KW to Matt Millen, or even the Sox to the Lions for that matter.

I don't think I'd go as far as comparing the Lions to the Sox. Just comparing the situations.

Anyways, I just don't think it's a good idea to take something like this public. As I said, I don't mind saying it to the clubhouse, or even telling that player face-to-face.

I suppose we'll agree to disagree.

I don't think I'd go as far as comparing the Lions to the Sox.  Just comparing the situations.

Anyways, I just don't think it's a good idea to take something like this public.  As I said, I don't mind saying it to the clubhouse, or even telling that player face-to-face.

I suppose we'll agree to disagree.

I totally see your point, and it is valid. I agree to disagree though. No big deal. :)

nah i wouldnt think olivo... he's been on the club before and sandy likes him... thats why i think it's uribe. He's never played a game for the sox but he's already supposedly gauranteed a spot on the lineup... i dunno

Only reason I said Olivo was because I think he hasn't had the best numbers in spring training hitting wise, but there'd be no way it'd be him. Mayb it was just a smokescreen by KW so that no-one slackens off.

I was listening to the Me and Z show on the Score (very funny show, BTW) and they were discussing this with Joe Cowley from the Daily Southtown. They said it could be a case of KW trying to light a fire under someone's hiney. Or possibly another trade going down. I don't think it was meant as direct criticism towards any of the players.

They went through the ST numbers on the Score tonight, and everyone seems to have good numbers. I think it may be more of a comment on attitude. Maybe there's someone in the clubhouse who is not gelling well with Ozzie's new style... or it could be mind games on KW's part.

To start, Williams did publically single anyone out, as he didn't use any names. If a player has a doubt about whether or not Williams was referring to him, then I'd say that speaks for itself. If you even have to question yourself, you better pick up the tempo. So, this could have a positive effect on several plays, as opposed to a negative effect on one.

I would say that the player has to be either Shingo, Koch or Uribe .... with Schoeney as an outside possibility. I'll be very curious as to how he pitches today. He should be using all of his pitches by now, and pitching like it was April instead of March.