MORE physical trouble for Prior

Definitely. The only knock I have on Dusty is how he handles that pitching staff. That's the only thing that he has to work on. I'm hoping Ozzie brings the same impact that can bring certian FAs onto our club cause players like playing for Dusty.

Definitely. The only knock I have on Dusty is how he handles that pitching staff. That's the only thing that he has to work on. I'm hoping Ozzie brings the same impact that can bring certian FAs onto our club cause players like playing for Dusty.

I'm just curious...this is basically to anyone. Can anybody tell me how many arms Dusty has actually ruined or at the very least messed up for a year in his career as a manager?

Damn, this sucks. He was my #1 draft pick in my fantasy league. It's a 15 team league with 20 man rosters. 7 of my first 8 draft picks were pitchers. Prior, Mussina, Mulder, Foulke, Guardado, Piniero, Buehrle, and in the latter rounds, Jeremy Affeldt, Corey Lee, and Carl Pavano (who might still suck, despite what he did in the playoffs).

You would think that my offense was brutal with 7 of my first 8 draft picks being pitchers, but all 9 guys hit over .300 last year with the exception of Brad Wilkerson. Scott Podsednik (.314), Alex Cintron (.317), Bill Mueller (.326), Marlon Byrd (.303), A.J. Pierzynski (.312), Doug Mientkiwicz (.300), Geoff Jenkins (.296), and Aaron Miles (.333). 8 out of 9 cleared the .350 OBP level. The jury is still out on Miles. I also have Victor Martinez on the bench just in case Pierzynski goes to sleep over there in San Francisco.

A nice, humble offense. Nothing special. Guaranteed to finish dead last in the league in HR and RBI. But considering that all 6 pitching categories are mine without question, being up there in AVG, OBP, and RUNS would work out nicely. I'm looking like middle of the pack caliber in SB right now, unless Byrd can go for 30.

So, in order to stay on track, I need Affeldt to replace Prior and kick some major ass in April. Go Affeldt. Garland is available on the free agent list, but I'm going to have to pass on that opportunity. Some guy in my league picked up Koch. :bang

Just heard on ESPN1000 that Jesus couldn't do a side session yesterday due to back spasms.

OH MY MARK, what are they gonna do?????

It just gets worse and worse....hey, they've got Sergio Mitre, right???

Let the fun begin for the Lovable losers. I predict they have a 500 season at best & ESPN will forget they exist by the all star break.

The rumor I heard was that it could be as long as June?  Is that right?

I'm seeing on www.chicagosports.com that May 1st is the most optimistic look for his return. And that's probably a very optimistic date, considereing they've moved the date from Opening Day to Mid April to Late April and now to May 1st.

:fthecubs

Listening to Mac, Jurko, & Harry on the radio with Bruce Levine, they're anticipating a mid-May return. Jurko said he should miss about 37 games which would equate to about 7 starts.

Personally, I'm thinking by the ASB.

Mid-May would probably be optomistic (don't forget, Levine is a Cubs fan). I think any guess would be hard though because there's no timetable of when he is going to start throwing again. All they are saying is he will throw when his achilles stops hurting. Not sure what that means since it has bothered him since September.

Another thing, WSCR was reporting he came into Chicago yesterday for another MRI on his leg AND right elbow (this is the 2nd on elbow). They found nothing new, but they say his elbow has been bothering him too.

The thing that the Cubs aren't confronting is that the achilles problem is said to stem from his giant calfs, which give him his power. They're not saying if he is going to do something to reduce the size of his calfs or not. But I think that would take away some velocity.

Being as objective as I can (I am a Sox fan) this is a real ugly situation, especially since the Cubs are not saying anything about it and getting further MRI's.

Mid-May would probably be optomistic (don't forget, Levine is a Cubs fan).  I think any guess would be hard though because there's no timetable of when he is going to start throwing again.  All they are saying is he will throw when his achilles stops hurting.  Not sure what that means since it has bothered him since September.

Another thing, WSCR was reporting he came into Chicago yesterday for another MRI on his leg AND right elbow (this is the 2nd on elbow).  They found nothing new, but they say his elbow has been bothering him too.

The thing that the Cubs aren't confronting is that the achilles problem is said to stem from his giant calfs, which give him his power.  They're not saying if he is going to do something to reduce the size of his calfs or not.  But I think that would take away some velocity. 

Being as objective as I can (I am a Sox fan)  this is a real ugly situation, especially since the Cubs are not saying anything about it and getting further MRI's.

The Cubs suck and all but seriously that would be a damn shame to have a talent like Prior have elbow damage.

I still think Dusty Baker is a mental midget when it comes to managing a pitching staff. It's pretty obvious Prior and probably Wood pitched more than they should have last year. Sure they pitched well (except in games 6 and 7 of the NLCS) but was it really worth it?

Prior is having back spasms, achilles problems, and elbow pain and this will only be his 2nd full season in the majors. I don't think he's had a history of injury either and he has pretty sound mechanics.

Yeah, the book on him was that he had great mechanics, but now the second guessers are coming out talking about how his overhead motion is the worst possible motion.

Prior had a weird career track. I think he was one of those high school kids who was 100% devoted to baseball, meaning he had a private coach and everything. Then he went to his 1st college, wasn't very good and then transferred to USC where he dominated and became the phenom. I'm just wondering if between colleges he changed his mechanics or put on extra muscle which gave him an incredible boost, but now is harming his body

I still think Dusty Baker is a mental midget when it comes to managing a pitching staff.  It's pretty obvious Prior and probably Wood pitched more than they should have last year.  Sure they pitched well (except in games 6 and 7 of the NLCS) but was it really worth it? 

Prior is having back spasms, achilles problems, and elbow pain and this will only be his 2nd full season in the majors.  I don't think he's had a history of injury either and he has pretty sound mechanics.

The back, elbow, and I've also heard shoulder, problems could all stem from him trying to throw with the inflamed Achilles, compensating for the pain by slightly altering his delivery. They better just shut him down until that thing is healed or the Cubs are going to screw up a potential star.