Comcast to pick up WGN-DTV

Rex Hudler

What do HDTV's run now?

I think you can pick them up for as low as 1500-2000, could be lower. I know my dad got one a few weeks ago and I think it was about 2000. Its a tube tv, 40 inch...really good picture though.

All depends, but their is stuff out there. I don't know what everyone elses cable runs, but my dad pays an extra 6.95 a month to have HDTV.

I think you can pick them up for as low as 1500-2000, could be lower.  I know my dad got one a few weeks ago and I think it was about 2000.  Its a tube tv, 40 inch...really good picture though.

All depends, but their is stuff out there.  I don't know what everyone elses cable runs, but my dad pays an extra 6.95 a month to have HDTV.

It just depends on what you want, but I think you can find some as low as $1,000. The best way to do it is invest in a large widescreen. It makes everything look better from movies to sports.

I have a 48" Mitsubishi widescreen and I think they are available now for around $1,700.

I have wide open west and i have realized over the last year that they are probably the WORST cable provider in the area. Not only do they not have any community based progrmming form my town (Schaumburg), they were MONTHS behind Comcast in rolling out HD, and I asked them about a month ago (before my family bought our HDTV) if they had any intention on picking up WGN-DT, and they said there were no plans for the near future to do this. What a crock!