Borchard, Reed sent to minors

LostInBoston

Not sure if this was already posted...

The White Sox optioned outfielder Joe Borchard, the Sox's first-round pick in 2000, down to Class AAA Charlotte Monday.

Also sent down to Charlotte was catcher Michael Rivera. Infielder Kelly Dransfeldt and outfielder Jeremy Reed were reassigned to minor-league camp.

The Sox now have 29 players in camp—15 pitchers, three catchers, seven infielders and four outfielders.

I expect to see Jeremy up at some point this year.  Hopefully before September.

I hope we don't have that bad of an outfield where we need replacements early. I like Sweeny-Reed-Borchard-Anderson, but let them get their time in at AAA or where ever and maybe get a look in September. I still would like to see Borchard up with the big club first.

I'm more dissapointed in seeing Borchard go. In his few at bats, he was killing the ball. I sure hope he can get in a few more games (I'm sure he will) and that he can get healthy and take his success in spring and let it career over in Charlotte.

I'm really starting to get a gooey feeling about him again.

I'm more dissapointed in seeing Borchard go.  In his few at bats, he was killing the ball.  I sure hope he can get in a few more games (I'm sure he will) and that he can get healthy and take his success in spring and let it career over in Charlotte. 

Jason, you need a date! :lol:

I'm more dissapointed in seeing Borchard go.  In his few at bats, he was killing the ball.  I sure hope he can get in a few more games (I'm sure he will) and that he can get healthy and take his success in spring and let it career over in Charlotte. 

Agreed, I think Joe came to camp really determined to make an impression with the likes of Reed and Sweeney. I think if he wasn't injured, more ppl would be ravin bout him. I was really impressed in his few AB's he had with us. I just hope that he doesn't go back to Charlotte with his confidence shattered because he didn't make it with the White Sox. And those who say Reed should be the 1st outfielder called up should think othawise, because it should be the person who earns it by the performances they put on the board. If Borchard has a betta season than Reed, and we need an outfielder, we call up Joe.