Griffey injured.....AGAIN

HighHeat45

This is interesting because Gammons was on Dan Patrick today, and Patrick asked about Griffey being traded.

Basically Gammons said (this was before the injury) that there are teams interested, but they want to wait about 40-50 games to see if he can stay healthy. He then talked about how the White Sox will probably be one of the teams interested in Griffey. it was not just in passing with a list of other teams, he actully spent a minute on how the Sox may be interested.

This is interesting because Gammons was on Dan Patrick today, and Patrick asked about Griffey being traded.

Basically Gammons said (this was before the injury) that there are teams interested, but they want to wait about 40-50 games to see if he can stay healthy.  He then talked about how the White Sox will probably be one of the teams interested in Griffey.  it was not just in passing with a list of other teams, he actully spent a minute on how the Sox may be interested.

Will Aaron Rowand ever get a fair shake? :huh

The Ken Griffey Jr. rumors to Chicago won't stop until Aaron Rowand can show he can perform consistenly with the White Sox, and with the way he's been hittin in spring trainin, Aaron will prob be CF for a few years yet.

What does he have left on his contract, like 5 years at a large amount. These guys don't know what we want or need. We have guys like Sweeney, Anderson, Reed, Borchard, Carlos Lee, Rowand, and possibly Maggs if extended. If not next year, the year after we should have the future outfield in place. I don't see Griffey in it.

Who wrote that article, Dr. Suess?

Griffey, 34, hasn't been hurt this spring, running easily on his surgically repaired ankle. He has struggled at the plate, batting .158.

I do not like green eggs and ham...

The only way I can see the Sox having any interest in Griffey is they move Frank or Maggs. And no, I don't see them trading Frank or Maggs FOR Griffey. If they move Maggs to LA for example, then I can see them going after Griffey. However, with his contract as it is, we should be able to get him for very little as far as players go.