How's Pippen look now

Before the season started I posted about how the Bulls were making a huge mistake in signing Pippen because of the way he treated the Bulls after leaving Chicago. Someone on these boards vehemently argued with me stating how he was still a great player, had apologized to the Bulls for the past and would guide the young Bulls to the playoffs and possibly beyond.

I've tried digging up the old post, but have had no luck. I'm just wondering, how do you feel about that signing now and do you think he has helped the young Bulls mature?

I don't what was worse.  Bmr being Bmr before he got banned, or this guy holding a grudge for almost a year about it.

haha, I think it's great. I remember BMR telling me at the beginning of the year that the Celts got the better of the Antoine deal because LaFrentz was going to be a dominant center in the East. :headshake

BTW, Missing34, BMR's banned now so he can't respond to you.

I don't what was worse.  Bmr being Bmr before he got banned, or this guy holding a grudge for almost a year about it.

That's one way to use your annual allotment of 27 posts

Are the Bulls still playing? Let's hope they win the lottery . . .

if the bulls get the #1 pick you would seriously have to look at it. however, the bulls need proven veterans not more young, unproven (professionally) talent. trade the picks for some veteran stars and get rid of lazy, good for nothing pieces of crap like curry.

to answer your question:

Before the season started I posted about how the Bulls were making a huge mistake in signing Pippen because of the way he treated the Bulls after leaving Chicago. Someone on these boards vehemently argued with me stating how he was still a great player, had apologized to the Bulls for the past and would guide the young Bulls to the playoffs and possibly beyond.

I've tried digging up the old post, but have had no luck. I'm just wondering, how do you feel about that signing now and do you think he has helped the young Bulls mature?

he has helped the bulls mature as much as he can. it's hard to look up to and listen to somebody about how to play hoops when that person can't even play themselves any more. add to that the immaturity, laziness, etc. of some of the guys and they just don't mix.

Playa hatin. How has Scottie helped? I haven't followed the Bulls real close over the past few months, but I remember earlier in the year when he was first injured, he didn't even show up for a home game. What kind of message does that send to the young guys.

i thought the "one" thing Scottie could bring here would be to show the young guys what it takes to train during the season, but apparently he hasn't done that since Skiles and Paxson came out and said that "they expect the players to START taking advantage of the training room at the Berto Center.

I normally post at Chisox.com. 

Thanks for the headsup about BMR.

Regarding the Bulls winning the lottery, who cares, unless they trade the pick.  The logical choice is Okafor and he has back problems just like Chandler.

Good ole BMR... :headshake

Playa hatin.  How has Scottie helped?  I haven't followed the Bulls real close over the past few months, but I remember earlier in the year when he was first injured, he didn't even show up for a home game.  What kind of message does that send to the young guys.

i thought the "one" thing Scottie could bring here would be to show the young guys what it takes to train during the season, but apparently he hasn't done that since Skiles and Paxson came out and said that "they expect the players to START taking advantage of the training room at the Berto Center.

he hasn't really, i don't think, helped them on the court, mostly due to his injuries (as i mentioned) but has at least tried to help them learn better professionalism and gain some work ethic. tried bringing up a few archived links from trib where he called them out on some things but you have to pay. come to think of it, the results he got from calling guys out were mostly shortlived (which wasn't pips fault, it's a result of some of the young guys' character) so he hasn't made significant enough changes.

i don't remember where he didn't show up to the game or why. but depending on why that's a poor message. and i don't know if i want someone as oft injured as pip to regularly be hitting the weight room. maybe he just gave up on the brats (like most of us have) though? :huh

I agree with the injury part and the weight room, but how do you help players become professionals if you are not there to be a visible influence.

The games he missed were early in the season. He just got injured and was sitting that game out, but rather than attend the game at the UC, he just didn't show up. I remember Paxson being miffed about it, because he had no idea Pip wasn't going to be there. He also missed the next couple of road games too.

As far as calling people out, that's fine, but anyone can just call someone out. Hell Antonio Davis called the kids out too.

Pippen was signed to show these kids how to be professional and show them what a strong work ethic is and personally I haven't seen it from day 1.

if i remember right...wasn't that game he missed a misunderstanding between coach and paxson. i thought coach told him he could stay home for whatever reason and coach didn't tell pax. :huh either way that was stupid for pip to do because it hurt his credibility.

He may have told Bill he wasn't going to make it, but it was not news Paxson wanted to hear. He was brought here to be a visible influence to the younger players both on and off the court and the first injury he had, he skipped the game to do something else. I believe he may have been at the Cubs game, if I remember correctly.

Pippen signed a two year deal.

He did but he's prob goin to retire end of this season anyways. 1 guy who da Bulls should really go afta is Manu Ginobli, he's not happy he's coming off da bench to Turkoglu, rumored to leave at the end of this season.