Monday night home games

CSF

The first Monday night home game for the Sox isn't until June 21 against the Indians. That's more than 2 1/2 months into the season. And there's only 4 home Monday games, period. Did Half-Priced Night break Reinsdorf that much? At least there is still an ample amount of Half Priced Tuesday with a Pepsi product.

Reinsdorf has no control over the scheduling of games.  I don't pinch my pennies, so I'll go to a White Sox game regardless of it being a half price night or not.

Even more than the Half-Priced nights, look at Monday games in general. It seems like the Sox are off every other Monday. After the opener, the Sox don't play another Monday game until May 3 when they play at Baltimore.

And another thing: It's not a matter of pinching pennies, but trying to draw more people to the park. Half-Priced Nights were a great way of doing that. Especially considering they raised the ticket prices again.

As a fan that lives downstate I rarely make the 2-2.5 hour drive anytime other than weekends, the half price nights are always nice because I get to see a fuller Cell on TV, it's too bad that there are so few, but almost all offdays are mondays and tuesdays so it's the nature of the beast I guess.

Did Half-Priced Night break Reinsdorf that much? At least there is still an ample amount of Half Priced Tuesday with a Pepsi product.

ive actually done some research on Reinsdorf lately and he isnt that bad of an owner, he doesnt schedule games (like Flash said) and he also has very little control over the salary, the share-holders do, Reinsdorf doesent even actually own the sox entirely, there are alot of owners but Reinsdorf owns the biggest %'s so he is who we call the owner, and did you know that the white sox are the only team not in debt. Reindorf saved this team from moving to florida and i have no problem with him as the owner. I just thought id share these points on the next reinsdorf bashing i saw.

ive actually done some research on Reinsdorf lately and he isnt that bad of an owner, he doesnt schedule games (like Flash said) and he also has very little control over the salary, the share-holders do, Reinsdorf doesent even actually own the sox entirely, there are alot of owners but Reinsdorf owns the biggest %'s so he is who we call the owner, and did you know that the white sox are the only team not in debt. Reindorf saved this team from moving to florida and i have no problem with him as the owner. I just thought id share these points on the next reinsdorf bashing i saw.

Thanks for the info.... :rolleyes:

said very well, thanks :headbang

Eh.. save your breath. I hate Jerry with the best of them.. but I know he's not a lot of things folks claim he is. Guys like Aboz, :P , just need someone to blame..

:lol:

OK the season is about the start. Let's all drink our Sox kool aide.

I like JR, KW, the entire organization, the Cell is beautiful, Ticket and concession prices are fair, I love the style of ball we are playing, yada yada yada :D