Sox vs Cubs

CSF

Is it better during the daytime, or at night. Since the sad sack Cubbies show all the games vs the Sox in the daytime, I gotta go with nighttime. That game in 2000 when the Sox had the Cubs beat 5-3 until Foulke gave up the two run shot to Sammy and his damn little hop, just to watch the Sox win it 5 innings later. Or the following year when they went up again only to have the Sox tie it, & send the Comiskey faithful home happy when Lee hit a grand slam to win 7-3. I hope this year the Sox go back to at least showing the Friday game at night. Just because the Cubs are scared of what they're fans might do at night shoudn't penalize us Sox fans who can show decency and respect. Just my opinion, that's all.

I'm always swearing around the house when I'm watching a game.  No matter what, my family has just learned to leave me alone; other then my dad.  My friends are patient enough to watch it, while I try to give them play by play.

Sox fans are way more passionate and dedicated than those nimrods on the North Side. We go for the team and players. They go for the ambiance and atmosphere. I don't need some damn camera flashing at me as I'm singing the damn 7th inning stretch! Give me Mags & Paulie with back to back shots over the fence and I get my money's worth. I go to see, not be seen.

What I like to do, is get into it with a couple people in the crowd.  Usually the Sox lose when I'm there; afterall they suck on the west coast.  Still its more fun when you meet a couple new people at the ball park and do a little friendly trash talking.

tell me about it cough cough 19-0 cough We'll do some nice trash talking at Dodger Stadium :lol:

I hate the Cubs , there fans suck , you could put 9 monkeys on the field and there would be full house . People go because of beer , women, not quality of s***ty baseball and there is alot of that. Sox fans are 10 times more into the game not the distractions around the park. Kill the 7th inning stretch s*** it is an embarrising to see b-rate people the cubs bring out. I hope the Sox players kill more ivy this year again. f*** the CUBS

C ompletely U seless B y S eptember :fyou

You know, the thing I absolutely LOVE about Cubs fans though, is that they don't know about baseball! So you can tell them anything you want, and they'll believe you, and then go and tell their friends the "baseball knowledge" you just departed onto them! Then they look like the idiots they are! I do that a lot with my Cub fan friends!

You know, the thing I absolutely LOVE about Cubs fans though, is that they don't know about baseball!  So you can tell them anything you want, and they'll believe you, and then go and tell their friends the "baseball knowledge" you just departed onto them!  Then they look like the idiots they are!  I do that a lot with my Cub fan friends!

How can you expect a Cub fan to know baseball? They haven't ever seen it. C'mon Heather, have a heart.

I hate the Cubs , there fans suck , you could put 9 monkeys on the field and there would be full house . People go because of beer , women, not quality of s***ty baseball and there is alot of that. Sox fans are 10 times more into the game not the distractions around the park. Kill the 7th inning stretch s*** it is an embarrising to see b-rate people the cubs bring out. I hope the Sox players kill more ivy this year again. f*** the CUBS

C ompletely    U seless    B y      S eptember  :fyou

Poetry man..... absolute poetry :headbang :headbang

I'm bad luck live. In games I've gone to in Toronto the Sox are 1-4. It's brutal. I had the painful experiance of seeing Todd Stottlemyre 1 hit them years ago, and probably looked like a total fool jumping and dancing and cheering for Dan Pasqua's double and the only hit of the freakin game. The Cubs games are always great to watch though, even though it's only on T.V. I got to my buddies for those if they aren't on cause he has a "grey satalite dish" hehehe. :headbang

As Soxfest said....CUBS stands for Completely Useless By September.

Also, SOSA stands for Strikes Out Swinging Again.

ALOU - Always Limping Off Urinal-field(OK, I made that one up....but it's pretty fun)

Someone could probably make one up for Wood, Prior, Cruz, and maybe even others as well.

OK....that's probably enough of that.

Is it better during the daytime, or at night.  Since the sad sack Cubbies show all the games vs the Sox in the daytime, I gotta go with nighttime.

I believe that we will never host the cubs for a night game again - or at least for a very, very long time - too many cubbie arrests when they have had all day to drink, too many fights in the stands when the cubbies who come to Comiskey drink all day - so the cubbie fans f***ed that up for us.