EvilJester99

Who's better??  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better??

• Prior, Wood, Maddux
    • Clemens, Pettite, Oswalt
    • Zito, Mulder, Hudon
    • Martinez, Schilling, Lowe

I went with the A's, but where is the Mussina, Brown, Vazquez cause that, if all are healthy is a pretty stellar top 3.

haha.

I was gonna ask about the Yanks.

It's tough to say because Prior is out, Pedro can't throw above 90MPH right now either.

Assuming everyone is healthy, I went with the A's. I would have placed the Cubs 2nd, then the Astros.

A lot will depend on how Clemens is scheduled this season. I have heard rumours he will miss a couple road trips and may miss a few starts. If that is the case that moves them below the Cubs. If he pitches as well as he did last year, they are at least equal to the Cubs, if not a bit better.

Still I think the A's top 3 are the best in baseball.

BTW, I place Zambrano (spelling?) ahead of Maddux in the Cubs rotation. I feel Maddux is a 10-12 game winner this year.

Im the only one that voted for the Astro's. Oh well. I think Pettitte will be even better in the NL and Oswalt and Clemens will be great if they stay healthy.

I'm kind of there with ya!! Couple of reasons. Clemmens and Pettite both pitching in their home towns,( no worries of excessive family pressures), both great buds being reunited, both of them away from the pressure of "Georgey-Boy" which will help them be much looser when they pitch, and also.... neither has pitched in National league before. Not as many know them well and haven't faced them much, and also, they hunger for great competition. They have it with the Cubs! I agree, that Clemens tank is running low, but I look for both of them to have terrific years

I dont know, best 4 might be Oakland. Rich Harden anyone?

You are forgetting Mark Redman. He'll be the man in the 4 spot in the rotation and I believe Oakland will be starting out with Harden in the minors because the #5 spot does not need to be used right away.

Im the only one that voted for the Astro's. Oh well. I think Pettitte will be even better in the NL and Oswalt and Clemens will be great if they stay healthy.

Clemens sucks, I think. Pettite is still very good, but nowhere near what he once was. Oswalt is the only all star caliber pitcher of the bunch in 2004. The guy who said that Wade Miller is better than Clemens was right on the money. Miller struggled somewhat last year, as he had some nagging injuries, but remember that he went 16-3 in 2002.

TOP 5 TRIOS:

1. Oakland

2. Chicago Cubs

3. NY Yankees

4. Boston

5. Houston

Seattle and Florida are on the verge.