Fat Hamster in Printer Sparks Rescue

Steff

BERLIN (Reuters) - A hamster called "Teddy" sparked a police rescue mission after he climbed inside a computer printer and got stuck because he was too fat to get out again, authorities said Wednesday.

"Contrary to his normal habits, Teddy climbed inside a PC printer and was unable to get out because of his corpulence," police in the northern city of Flensburg said in a statement, adding that they initially thought it was an April Fool's joke.

Luckily for Teddy, a neighbor of his owner managed to free the hamster so the arriving police officer was spared the task.

"After all the commotion, the animal was already peacefully asleep again in his cage, having escaped with nothing but a few bruises," said the statement.

LMAO! I don't know if this is an april fools or not, but I could see one of my hamsters having a similar issue! :lol:

I remember when I was a kid, my hamsters loved to get into the walls. I always got them out by laying a piece of carrot at the base of the wall and waiting to get them.

LMAO!  I don't know if this is an april fools or not, but I could see one of my hamsters having a similar issue!  :lol:

I remember when I was a kid, my hamsters loved to get into the walls.  I always got them out by laying a piece of carrot at the base of the wall and waiting to get them.

Since you like furry little rodents, if things don't work out with Brian, have you ever met PA?