Horrific I-55 wreck

Queen Prawn

On the way home last night right before 83 on 55 south there was a car that had lost control and went head on into a poll off the right side of the road... how they didn't take along a few cars with them I can't understand - there were skid marks all the way from the left lane. And then this morning at the corner of Indian Boundry and County Line Road some moron appeared to have missed the turn and drove into the ditch. He was ok.. standing out there on his cell phone looking like an idiot.

It just amazes me the wrecklessness (is that a word..?) of some people..

I hope the others are OK. It'll be interesting to see what led to this. People in cars just don't understand that a TT going 60 mph is a lethal weapon.

I hope the others are OK. It'll be interesting to see what led to this. People in cars just don't understand that a TT going 60 mph is a lethal weapon.

I hear ya. I see people cutting them off daily on the Tri-State. There were several times that I was certain the truck wasn't going to stop, but they did.

I used to drive a semi and believe me, you guys are not the norm! Most people waiting to pull out will literally do a double take and try to jump out in front of the truck. They don't want to be behind a big truck.

I had one guy one time when there was snow on the ground roll up to the road I was on, look at me, realized I was a truck and then pulled out in front of me. He slid on the snow right acroos the road and into he ditch. I blew by and honked my air horn. That was fun! :lol:

i know sometimes i can drive badly but I know not to mess with trucks but they somehow always seem to cut me off

Not to defend, cause some truckers are assholes.. but sometimes they just can't help it. If someone slams on the brakes in front of them.. or they see something stopped ahead - remember they are 8 feet higher off the ground than you and can see a mile ahead - they have no choice but to take the best route to avoid an accident. Sometimes cutting you off is the better choice versus slamming into the car in front of him....

I used to drive a semi and believe me, you guys are not the norm! Most people waiting to pull out will literally do a double take and try to jump out in front of the truck. They don't want to be behind a big truck.

I had one guy one time when there was snow on the ground roll up to the road I was on, look at me, realized I was a truck and then pulled out in front of me. He slid on the snow right acroos the road and into he ditch. I blew by and honked my air horn. That was fun! :lol:

My dad and Jim's son both drive for Bekins - and considering the area of this accident am increasingly concerned that I can't get ahold of them.... I've heard more horror stories than I care to remember. :o

Not to defend, cause some truckers are assholes.. but sometimes they just can't help it. If someone slams on the brakes in front of them.. or they see something stopped ahead - remember they are 8 feet higher off the ground than you and can see a mile ahead - they have no choice but to take the best route to avoid an accident. Sometimes cutting you off is the better choice versus slamming into the car in front of him....

yeah i know i was just commenting how they always end up in front of me somehow just as I was trying to speed up

My dad and Jim's son both drive for Bekins - and considering the area of this accident am increasingly concerned that I can't get ahold of them.... I've heard more horror stories than I care to remember.  :o

Keep me updated. I'm saying a prayer.

Let me re-iterate that  :headbang !

Thank you, too.

My dad said he did not see it but one of the other guys was about a half mile back and said while he couldn't see exactly what happened, that he heard the sound of the metal crushing and the truck hitting the ground. A half mile back... :o

He got by it, but I guess they closed 55 down.