Doug Mientkiewicz comment on the Sox

CSF

I can't find the damn article from the Sun Times, so I just pulled it off a post I have on the Chicago Bears message board where I also post:

ChiSoxFan

Monday February 03, 2003 11:15 PM

He said the following:

>

You're right, Dougie. We only added: A 20 game winner (Colon), a deep and quite possibly dominant bullpen (White, Gordon, Koch) extra depth in the rotation with the addition of 2 extra arms (Loiaza, Heredia), LH power on the bench (Daubach) & insurance in the OF (Rios), all courtesy of this offseason. Don't forget what was already here: A 19 game winner, 2 promising arms in the rotation, great setup men in the 'pen, & probably the most dominant offense in the game. That's what we did during our offseason. And you:

Signed Chris Gomez (backup IF), released David Ortiz (probably the biggest Sox killer on the team, next to Corey Koskie) & Mike Jackson (key to the 'pen, putting more pressure on Fiore & Hawkins, & for that matter, Guardado).

Yep, Dougie, you're absolutely right. We don't have what you have. We simply plugged our gaps, & it's all systems go, while you are praying that the Metrodome bails you out of some more jams. Luck can be many a thing, but it also tends to do something nobody likes. It tends to run out. So to you, Dougie, or should I say, Cinderella: The clock has struck midnight, the fantasy is over, & it's time for you to wake up to reality. Enjoy October from the private comforts of home, 'cause that's where the Twins will be come October while the Sox march on to the World Series. I'm outta here! Ciao!

-------------------------

The Soldiers: Member #27 of 30

Pale Hose Member # 1

The Chicago White Sox-2003 is the Year.

If only the Sox could get that type of love on the Bears board too, it would be magical. We got Sox fans on it, but there are way too many Cubs fans on there. It can be unbearable. It's okay, I guess, since the common thing we all have is being Bears fans. Getting back to Mientkiewicz, I guess he forgot that Durham made a similar comment last year, & we all know what happened. Let's see the Twins get a taste of their own medicine.

You're right, Dougie. We only added: A 20 game winner (Colon), a deep and quite possibly dominant bullpen (White, Gordon, Koch) extra depth in the rotation with the addition of 2 extra arms (Loiaza, Heredia), LH power on the bench (Daubach) & insurance in the OF (Rios), all courtesy of this offseason. Don't forget what was already here: A 19 game winner, 2 promising arms in the rotation, great setup men in the 'pen, & probably the most dominant offense in the game. That's what we did during our offseason. And you:

Signed Chris Gomez (backup IF), released David Ortiz (probably the biggest Sox killer on the team, next to Corey Koskie) & Mike Jackson (key to the 'pen, putting more pressure on Fiore & Hawkins, & for that matter, Guardado).

Yep, Dougie, you're absolutely right. We don't have what you have. We simply plugged our gaps, & it's all systems go, while you are praying that the Metrodome bails you out of some more jams. Luck can be many a thing, but it also tends to do something nobody likes. It tends to run out. So to you, Dougie, or should I say, Cinderella: The clock has struck midnight, the fantasy is over, & it's time for you to wake up to reality. Enjoy October from the private comforts of home, 'cause that's where the Twins will be come October while the Sox march on to the World Series. I'm outta here! Ciao!

really enjoyed reading that! thanks!

We simply plugged our gaps, & it's all systems go, while you are praying that the Metrodome bails you out of some more jams.

Not all of them. CF and C are still question marks for the Sox. There's plenty of room for improvement when it comes to the holes on the 2003 White Sox as of right now.

However, a guy who's last name looks like something the alphabet threw up shouldn't be allowed to be quoted in any printed publication :D

Anyone remember this classic quote from early 2002?

"Minnesota is always scrappy and Chicago thinks it has what it takes to make a run, but the division is still ours. We are still the big dogs and they all have to conquer us."

-- Milton Bradley, Indians outfielder

Yep they sure showed us that they were better than Chicago and Minnesota.

Mientcuuhfdhjfdz sucks ass, maybe some good player on the Twins should do the talking. This is exactly what we need right now and bless that Twinkie f*** for his big mouth.

Someone on one of these two teams will choke on their words....Koch called the Twins success last year lucky, and Mientkiewicz said this.

I also believe Mientkiewicz has been quoted as saying something like "We'll see you next October since you won't be here in May" to an Angel fan in game 5 of the ALCS....but that's a rumor.

If the Twins do what I believe they could(being just look over us and think the division is already won), then they are in for a treat....an ass-whooping. We have a better offense, a bullpen that is probably just as good and a 1-2 punch that reigns as one of the best in the league, and we got rid of our clubhouse cancers.

Some of Dougie's teammates may not like him after what he said.

Mathew....that is classic.....LMAO! :lol:

Let them do all the trash talking they want. I want the Sox to stay quiet and concentrate on playing baseball and having fun. Do your trash talking by pointing at the standings and showing the Twins and all the other teams the fact that your on top of the division.

This wouldn't bug me too much (okay, that's bulls***, it would've bug me) had this come out of the mouth of Hunter, Jones, or Guardado. Because at least they would've been able to back up their trash talk. But this simple f*** Mientkiewicz hit 10 measley homers & 60 piss poor runs batted in. At least when Ray Ray made his comments, he was coming off a 20 homer season. That f***head Mientkiewicz was one of the least productive hitters on his team. He better be glad he can play a little D around the bag, 'cause that's all he can do. Forgive the language, but comments like that piss me off!

This wouldn't bug me too much (okay, that's bulls***, it would've bug me) had this come out of the mouth of Hunter, Jones, or Guardado.  Because at least they would've been able to back up their trash talk.  But this simple f*** Mientkiewicz hit 10 measley homers & 60 piss poor runs batted in.  At least when Ray Ray made his comments, he was coming off a 20 homer season.  That f***head Mientkiewicz was one of the least productive hitters on his team.  He better be glad he can play a little D around the bag, 'cause that's all he can do.  Forgive the language, but comments like that piss me off!

I agree. Ray Ray and Koch are really good players. Mientcewicz is just some piece of s*** who didnt do anything. Heck, he wouldnt be starting on our team. But who cares? Whichever one of those b****es talks is gonna get his f***ing words stuffed down his motherf***ing throat! GO SOX!