I replied with.. "Now if we can only be half as good at it as you are.... ;) "

It was a joke.

You think there was something hidden in there..??? :unsure:

Hidden message...?? 

You called us dips***s... which I assume was meant kiddingly.. :huh

I replied with.. "Now if we can only be half as good at it as you are.... ;) "

It was a joke.

You think there was something hidden in there..??? :unsure:

It simply doesn't quite make sense. Everything you say is way over my head. Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough to get it. Or maybe it's so simple that I think you are better than that. Whatever.

We should get a better winking smiley on this site, the one we have now:

;)

It looks like it means disgusted or something. When I first started posting here, I didn't realize that thing was a wink.

Took me a week or so to figure out people were just goofing around!! :lol: ;)

Anyway, I'm glad lots of you found the humor in the whole thing.

They (the Score) were going for humor, they got it.

I just thought it was kinda stupid.

No biggie.

I just hope none of the players involved got pissed off it. I'd hate to be one of them and be the centerpiece of some joke just so a credibility challenged radio station could get a few yucks.

what, happened on december 17, i dont remember :huh: i remeber the record before that was when the alomar trade happened

That was when the original ARod rumor was happening and there were talks of Maggs going to Boston.

One thing I don't get: How can anyone be seriously pissed at this? It's a joke, no big deal.

Anyway, I'm glad lots of you found the humor in the whole thing.

They (the Score) were going for humor, they got it.

I just thought it was kinda stupid.

No biggie.

I just hope none of the players involved got pissed off it.  I'd hate to be one of them and be the centerpiece of some joke just so a credibility challenged radio station could get a few yucks.

I'd have to think if Hawk was in, that they told the players mentioned in the trade ahead of time.

Thats a new record, 113 users on in last 15 minutes :snr  :snr  :snr  :snr  :snr  :snr

I have a gut feeling that record will be demolished on Mon. afternoon. :bringit

By the way, this was a very good April Fools joke by the Wise Guys. I was on the metra train home and my friend called (Cubs fan) saying the Sox got Griffey. Immediately I knew it was bulls*** because the Reds don't need a 1B and after Rowands ST it would be an absolute insult not to give him a shot. Guess if I had been listenening to the score I might of had more reason to fall for it.

And for anyone else who missed it the score is replaying some of the segment at 6.

And for anyone else who missed it the score is replaying some of the segment at 6.

What station exactly is the Score?

When I was at baseball practice on of the dads came up to us and was like "The Sox traded Konerko to the Reds for Griffey!!!!!!!!" I was excited because I think it would be a good trade, but then he told me it was a joke. :angry: This is quite funny, I don't know why so many people were pissed off. To get Hawk in is awesome.

What station exactly is the Score?

When I was at baseball practice on of the dads came up to us and was like "The Sox traded Konerko to the Reds for Griffey!!!!!!!!" I was excited because I think it would be a good trade, but then he told me it was a joke. :angry: This is quite funny, I don't know why so many people were pissed off. To get Hawk in is awesome.

670 AM. It's a 50,000 watt station, so you should be able to pick up the signal from Valpo.

Of course he said that, he works for ESPN 1000.

BTW I can't believe how many people fell for that. :lol:

Did you hear about Eric and Kathy's little joke this morning? About jumping and feeling weightlesss from 7:40 to 7:42 and 15 seconds or something like that?

It simply doesn't quite make sense. Everything you say is way over my head. Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough to get it. Or maybe it's so simple that I think you are better than that. Whatever.

I don't know what to say... :unsure:

I'm sorry... :huh

Really.. it was just a joke back to your joke calling us all dips***s.. now.. if you weren't kidding... :rolleyes:

I'd have to think if Hawk was in, that they told the players mentioned in the trade ahead of time.

Jason.. you'd hope, wouldn't ya.

This is the conversation I heard over a cell phone with someone near where players were signing after the game was over...

Friend on the phone - "Was Paul and Neal traded...? "

Player signing - "WHAT?!?!?!"

Additionally, and someone needs to help me here cause I did not hear it.. but did Bruce Levine report on M, J, & H that the Sox brass were "very upset" with the Score for the prank...?

Maybe they told them they were going to do something for AF's... but I don't think the Sox would have agreed to this. It caused quite a stirr...

Luckily I wasn't around to get drawn into the hype.

Exactly I'm thinking. I definitely would have been had.... :lol:

I'm just reading the whole thread up to this point 4 hours after it happened. I understand it had to get you guys going a little bit, but I don't think it's a reason to be mad. It is April Fools Day; the Score was just getting in the holiday spirit.