Sox get Griffey

OZZ-fest 2004

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guy called in complaining that he had just got online and bought $1100 worth of tickets.

I find it that really funny. Hmmmm Sox just got an injury prone has been, "yes ill take $1100 dollars worth of tickets." I'm buying into this sorrow story. :lolhitting :lolhitting :dips***

How was it in bad taste? Who did they offened? Who did they hurt? Everyone in the world knows its April Fools Day, and no one else was reporting it. I feel no sorrow for the idiot who spent $1100 based soley on what Mike North said. It was a joke, get over it.

Cause they're profesionals. And that's crap Fooling your fans, I don't give a Blue Hell what day it is. This is Major League Baseball, Not Comedy Central. You don't see or read about any other team doing that crap....

I think it was in Bad taste.. Why don't they do that to the Cubs?  What a bunch of Jerkoffs

Your queastion....."Why don't they do it to Cub fans?"" Answer: A prank is sometimes played on someone to ridicule, outfox someone's mind, and maybe even pick at the brain in a hurtful way (in some cases). Think about it......... Isn't it already ridiculing,and hurtful to be a Cub fan? This prank outfoxed some of us for one day. Cub fans have been outfoxed their whole lives. The bad part is they still believe that what they are doing in following the Cubs is a good thing to do. For someone to make you believe that following The Cubs is great, and then to believe in it your whole life........and then continue in it on a daily basis................. Now that, my friend, is the ultimate hurtful prank. Yes!!! We've been "Duped" today! Better one day..............than a whole friggin' lifetime!!!

You know, I never really had any respect for Mike North and i never will. There is a reason I dont listen to him, he trys to pull crap like what he did today. The first I head of this "trade" was just know while I was reading the thread. How Mike North continues to be employed in this city, i have no idea. I would rather listen to Jim Rome than him. And if you know me, you KNOW how much I cant stand Jim Rome. The Score is on my radio from 8AM (assuming I am awake) until 2PM. Then the SECOND Boers and Bersie are doen, on goes ESPN Radio. Have any of you seen Mike North in person? You want to define a Jag-bag? He trys to seem like this great family man, but he is hugging and kissing and flirting with the waitresses at hooters. What a Joke.

Mike North...... WHO YOU CRAPIN?

Cause they're profesionals. And that's crap Fooling your fans,

It's all about credibility. or if you like... the man who cried Wolf. From know on, Mike North is no longer a credible source of info (if he ever was to begin with). Turn your dial up to 1000 at 2Pm and hear REAL sports talk. Dan Patrick followed by Afternoon Thunder. CREDIBLE sports talk. Oh wait, I'll be right back, i have to go adopt a pet..... :finger

You know, I never really had any respect for Mike North and i never will. There is a reason I dont listen to him, he trys to pull crap like what he did today. The first I head of this "trade" was just know while I was reading the thread. How Mike North continues to be employed in this city, i have no idea. I would rather listen to Jim Rome than him. And if you know me, you KNOW how much I cant stand Jim Rome. The Score is on my radio from 8AM (assuming I am awake) until 2PM. Then the SECOND Boers and Bersie are doen, on goes ESPN Radio. Have any of you seen Mike North in person? You want to define a Jag-bag? He trys to seem like this great family man, but he is hugging and kissing and flirting with the waitresses at hooters. What a Joke.

Mike North...... WHO YOU CRAPIN?

We must be identical cause thats my take exactly.

It's all about credibility. or if you like... the man who cried Wolf. From know on, Mike North is no longer a credible source of info (if he ever was to begin with). Turn your dial up to 1000 at 2Pm and hear REAL sports talk. Dan Patrick followed by Afternoon Thunder. CREDIBLE sports talk. Oh wait, I'll be right back, i have to go adopt a pet.....  :finger

No he's just not a credible source of info on April 1st ;)

From the Tribune:

Sox 'trade' isn't funny

By Tom Carkeek

Tribune staff reporter

April 1, 2004, 7:45 PM CST

This didn't quite reach Sidd Finch proportions, but Mike North's lame idea of April Fool's Day humor wasn't funny. His ruse that the White Sox had traded for Ken Griffey Jr. was delivered much too believably. He claimed the news had come "off the wire" and even took fans' calls reacting to the "trade."

Like many others, I fell for the lie. I kept punching the radio button from North's show to the Sox game trying to learn details. Only later did I find out why John Rooney and Ed Farmer had not commented: There was no trade to comment about.

There's a lot to like about North's show. But this kind of deceit, which he later acknowledged he had done to tweak broadcast partner Doug Buffone, led thousands of baseball fans down a blind alley.

He made fools of us, which third-graders enjoy doing on April Fool's Day.

Mike North, you are a jag bag.

I love that final line. :lol:

We should get a better winking smiley on this site, the one we have now:

;)

It looks like it means disgusted or something.  When I first started posting here, I didn't realize that thing was a wink.

Took me a week or so to figure out people were just goofing around!!  :lol:  ;)

:o It's a wink? Thanks. I've been here for a year! I'm a :dips***

We should get a better winking smiley on this site, the one we have now:

;)

It looks like it means disgusted or something.  When I first started posting here, I didn't realize that thing was a wink.

Took me a week or so to figure out people were just goofing around!!  :lol:  ;)

Sorry Jim.. didn't see this response last night.

Does that smiley really look mean to you...?

To avoid any further confusion, I'm just not gonna use it anymore if that's the case.

And, again, sorry Dan.. my intentions were not malicious.

Sorry Jim.. didn't see this response last night.

Does that smiley really look mean to you...?

To avoid any further confusion, I'm just not gonna use it anymore if that's the case.

And, again, sorry Dan.. my intentions were not malicious.

b****!!!

:)