Birth Certificate ??

Steff

I know this was asked before but I can't find the thread..

I need to get a new passport - as the other one is buried somewhere in the basement... accompanied, I'm sure, by my birth certificate. :rolleyes:

Who/where do I call to get another one. One that is acceptable for leaving the country or obtaining a new passport.

I was born at Palos Community Hospital in Palos Heights.

The responses to the post I made about that were that you could get them anywhere in the cook county area (since you were born in Cook) that can hand them out (clumsy way of putting it, I know).

For example, I can get mine at the Oak Lawn Court House even though I live in Chicago.

As for specific locations, I am not certain, sorry.

This is a common problem down here on the border. Just email what name and identity you would like to create and we'll get you a new social, driver's liscense, birth cert. etc. ;)

I'm joking I4E. Geez, it's no fun having a Homeland Security dude hanging around.

Steff, for you I will also add this link Link to obtaining a replacement birth cert in Cook County

Glad I could help :D

BTW, allow plenty of time for your passport to be processed. It is taking longer and paying for prioroty processing hasn't been all that great either.

And take a nice photo :D

Damn....That's a good coincidence. I got my first one 5 years ago, at 13, and it expired when I turned 18 in December. I was finally going to get that taken care of today. I got the application for a passport renewal at my post office, and now that I have my pictures and all that filled out I just have to go back there to complete it.

Glad I could help  :D

BTW, allow plenty of time for your passport to be processed. It is taking longer and paying for prioroty processing hasn't been all that great either.

And take a nice photo  :D

How long is plenty of time....??

Going to Mexico in June which I can just use the BC for.. but were going to Italy in October I think and I'll need the passport for that. It's not going to take 5 months is it....?? :o

How long is plenty of time....??

Going to Mexico in June which I can just use the BC for.. but were going to Italy in October I think and I'll need the passport for that. It's not going to take 5 months is it....??  :o

It has been running 6-8 weeks on the long side. Sometime people wait until the week before and then panic.

Where in Mexico are you going?

Cancun.

Make sure you eat/drink at La Distileria in Cancun.

It is a restaurant built around an old tequila distillery. The food is awesome, (especially try the dessert with homemade ice cream, fried bananas in a tortilla, it is INCREDIBLE!). They have at least 100 different tequilas there, if you befriend the waiter, they'll make sure you get to try a lot of them.

Also, if the Girls Gone Wild people approach you, and you decide to be in the videos, let the SOXTALK people know! ;)