Vacation Plans

Texsox

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually take 2 or 3 trips a year. We already went to North Reddington Beach, FL in January and we are going on a 7 night cruise in November stopping in Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Or summer trip is either going to be Naples, FL....Ft. Lauderdale, FL or Las Vegas.

Hey Mr Grammar-shouldn't that be Who Is? :finger

This year most likely visiting in laws in PA, next year spring training hopefully.

And "where" instead of "were"? :lol:

I'm going on an exciting vacation this weekend to Warsaw Indiana. My softball team has a tournament there.

Whose going were  :huh

I got a little something planned coming in May.

I fly from S. Korea to Chicago on the 1st of May.

The 3d of May I grab a flight to D.C. where I will be staying at the Comfort Inn 3 blocks from the Pentagon. While in D.C I'll be tooling around in my full size rental car taking in all the sights I can & maybe visit Camden Yards if the Orioles are in town.

On the 6th of May I'm pulling up stakes and heading north to NYC & staying at the Ramada Inn & doing more of the same.

I fly back to Chi Town on the 9th & then I'll be in sweet home Chicago till the 28th when I fly back to Korea.

CANT WAIT!!!! :cheers :headbang :cheers

Yeah, pretty much due south of Warsaw.  Say hi to the corn fields for me.

Where the hell is that?

;)

Who would have thought 10 years ago I would have ended up in Dallas, Texas, after being stuck in the middle of nowhere for 5 years?

Do weekend trips count..?

If not...

Mexico in June

Florida in September

And Italy in October

Where in Mexico Steff? We were in Cancun for Xmas 2002 and then last May we went to Puerta Vallarta for my birthday. I like the water and the beach better in Cancun but preferred the smaller and quieter atmosphere of Vallarta.

Where in Mexico Steff?  We were in Cancun for Xmas 2002 and then last May we went to Puerta Vallarta for my birthday.  I like the water and the beach better in Cancun but preferred the smaller and quieter atmosphere of Vallarta.

Cancun. I've been before, Jim's never been so he really wants to go. He wants to do all the water activities - and to be honest the all inclusive deal was better there than Puerta Vallarta when he booked. I have heard that PV is nicer for privacy. I do want to go there.

Uh, I'm going back to Chicago for the summer (hurray--haven't lived there in ages! sort of a vacay!) then moving to New York...I might take a few weekend trips to Minnesota this summer to see someone special. But I just bought a car and am starting grad school--so vacations will just not be happening for a while...

Cancun. I've been before, Jim's never been so he really wants to go. He wants to do all the water activities - and to be honest the all inclusive deal was better there than Puerta Vallarta when he booked. I have heard that PV is nicer for privacy. I do want to go there.

Why not stay farther south down the Mayan Riviera, Steff? Playa del Carmen is smaller, more manageable, less "spring-breaky" (year-round it now seems) than Cancun. We stayed at a place south of Playa over Xmas, and the location was ideal. Cabbed into Playa when we wanted some "city" life (the European area is vastly superior to the cheesy American area), rented a car to go to all the Mayan ruins, etc.

We'll never do an all-inclusive again however.

Why not stay farther south down the Mayan Riviera, Steff? Playa del Carmen is smaller, more manageable, less "spring-breaky" (year-round it now seems) than Cancun. We stayed at a place south of Playa over Xmas, and the location was ideal. Cabbed into Playa when we wanted some "city" life (the European area is vastly superior to the cheesy American area), rented a car to go to all the Mayan ruins, etc.

We'll never do an all-inclusive again however.

I've heard good things about Playa Del Carmen. The sad part is it probably won't stay this way for long if the word continues to spread.