haha jack mcdowell what a character

traydragen

ON the front page on USA Today (sports section) there is an excerpt from about "black jack" Jack Mcdowell saying how he implied that Mark Prior's slow recovery is from use of steroids. It also says its in the Chicago Sun Times and I'm not from around there so if this is old then disregard it but I though it was very funny. Jack McDowell :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

ON the front page on USA Today (sports section) there is an excerpt from about "black jack" Jack Mcdowell saying how he implied that Mark Prior's slow recovery is from use of steroids.  It also says its in the Chicago Sun Times and I'm not from around there so if this is old then disregard it but I though it was very funny. Jack McDowell  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

haha i read that this morning in the paper and all i could do was laugh. But seriously if Prior is on steroids that would make it even more funny. :lol:

lol..I remember when Jose Canseco came out and said players were doing steroids nobody believed him. Turned out to be true. I'm not exactly sure where Jack was comin from. I know Prior has extremely large legs. Don't really fit his body at all. It is extremely odd how this so called "minor" injury might keep him out till June...

Apr 1 Updating an earlier story, Cubs.MLB.com's Carrie Muskat reports Chicago Cubs SP Mark Prior responded to the comments made by former MLB SP Jack McDowell about steroids. "Do I look like I'm on steroids? That's the first I heard. Was he serious? I guess the best thing I can say is obviously I'm not; I don't know why he would say that. I never met the guy, I don't know the guy," Prior said. "I don't know if he's got a beef with me because I went to (USC) and he went to Stanford. That's about the worst thing I've ever heard. It doesn't even make any sense."

That's basically what I'm trying to say here as well.  He's calling him an idiot, in so many words.  I don't see how anyone couldn't.

I would never call somebody an idiot for voiceing an opinion. I'm not sayin Jack is right or wrong. He obviously made a BOLD statement by saying that. It was his opinion that when you have an injury like Priors that refuses to heal then you're probably on steroids...Not a big deal to me..If people can accuse Barry Bonds or Jason Giambi or basically any offensive player I don't see the big deal in accusing a pitcher..Like I said..Unless baseball reveals the names of the people they know that have done steroids, or guys come out and admit they've done steroids, everybody is basically a suspect...

Jack NEVER accused Prior per se.

What McDowell said was that an injury like Prior's usually takes 1 month to heal. He went on to say that one charactersitic of steriod use is that your tendons don't grow at the rate that your muscles do, thus, steroid users tend to get tendon (and ligamant) pain (damage) more frequently, and that they take longer to heal for those people who use steroids.

BTW...if Prior never pitched again, it wouldn't bother me all that much! :fthecubs