Tyco trial declared mistrial

southsider2k5

Personally, I think she was bought.  She had her mind made up way too early in the trial from what one report I read said.

Me too... Then when that doesn't work, a "threatening" letter shows up? That is just all too convienent espesially when the jury was on the verge of returning some guilty virdicts.

Damn, I was using the pending guilty verdicts as an argument with my wife for NOT throwing her that $2 million birthday party she's been hinting at. Now I guess these guys are free for the time being and I have to go rent a Greek Island...

Seriously, this is a disheartening turn in that case - especially for this recent SarBoxer in the midst of our own corporate reform battle (My guys have apparently only bilked us out of $60-100 million, though, so what am I grumbling about?!?) :angry: :fyou Corporate Scumbags :fyou :angry:

One of these days, some of these corporate theives who steal the retirement accounts that people have worked their entire lives to accumulate, are going to lynched and strung up from the corporate logo on the side of the building.

Tyco managed to destroy one of the best suppliers of electronic connectors in the world. AMP, Inc. had incredible customer service and a huge market share. When I started in the electronic distribution industry the prevailing wisdom was anything could and shouldbe designed using the Sprague, Motorola, Dale, and Amp catalogs. If they didn't make it, do not use it.

In two years of Tyco management, they destroyed all the good will that AMP spent decades building.

Hmmm, I wonder is Jas is stealing from soxtalk . . .

The moral of the story...if you're gonna be a criminal, be a "white-collar" criminal! The more money you have (steal), the less chance there is that you'll go to jail.

(If you get a chance, find/read "Den of Thieves"...it's about when Ivan Boesky and his cohorts stole billions in the 80s, via insider trading. Boesky got sentenced to time at a "country club" prison, and was "fined" $680 million, (He wrote a check for it!).)