SI Illinois Poll

HighHeat45

Every week in SI they have a poll from a different state asking various question about sports and this week was Illinois. Well one of the questions was what is your favorite MLB team and here is how it went

57% Cubs

13% Cardinals

13% White Sox

Now i know the Cubs have a bigger following than the sox but those numbers are ridiculous :headshake

Also Jerry Reinsdorf got 7% for Enemey of the State (brett favre won with 55%)

I have read that section of SI before, with differnt states, and the numbers are really weird. Its not's sports fans, its anyone off the street I think, because a majority of the answers for alot of them are like "none of the above" or "no Favortie"

some other weird ones

the third favorite sport to play with 12% of the vote is bicycling baseball and golf are 1 and 2

the sox-cubs rivalry is our biggest rivalry with 43%, and cubs-cards is second with 25%..........Bears-Packers isnt listed

the third favorite sport to play with 12% of the vote is bicycling baseball and golf are 1 and 2

I don't know what you find wierd about this one. I think it's odd that, if I read this correctly, baseball is number one. Bicycling is accesible to the masses. Anyone from 8 to 80 can participate and it's non-impact. You can do it without the need of others like baseball, The same for golf. Baseball, converely, in order to play properly, you need to round up 17 of you closest friends.

Bears-Packers isnt listed :o

I read that too, the whole thing makes no sense. Bears-packers not listed in fav. rivalry, and how are the sox and cards tied at 13%. No way it's like that. I'd say, Cubs: 65% Sox 30% Cards 5%

I read that too, the whole thing makes no sense.  Bears-packers not listed in fav. rivalry, and how are the sox and cards tied at 13%.  No way it's like that.  I'd say, Cubs: 65% Sox 30% Cards 5%

You underestimate the Cardinal fan base in central and southern Illinois. The state line is not just south of Kankakee. :D

Did Dollar Bill get a few votes for Enemy of the State?  If not, those numbers are made up.

Maybe Wirtz didn't get any votes cuz NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE BLACKHAWKS!

Jerry Krause deserved some votes...a lot of votes. (Elton Brand, Ron Artest and Brad Miller for Tyson Chandler and Jalen Rose?! What a douchebag!)

why, because he saved the sox from moving to florida or because the shareholders dont give him the money to give us a 100 million dollar salary...Yep he sure is a Jackass :rolleyes:

What's he done for us lately?

He has the money for a large® payroll; he chooses not to do so. He (and his investors) cares more about profit margin than winning, A LOT MORE!!!