so Air America is on the "air"waves'...

bmags

i was worried it would be a liberal version of rush lumbaughglaid, because an obnoxious liberal is just as bad as an obnoxious conservative...

but i listened to their first two lineups today and it wasn't all politics and what probably saves it and earned them a couple extra listens in my book is that i was laughing a lot, they have a lot of comedy, AL Franken i was worried would just throw out slogans, but he was hilarious.

I do get tired of hearing about the vast right wing conspiracy every five minutes...they should quit worrying about them and just talk about what they want...though, their first couple days i guess they would have to make up for years of being outnumbered on the radio...

I had it on for 15 minutes either Wednesday or Thursday night, and I was not happy with what I heard. The host was interviewing a lawyer about anger directed at CBS for their Superbowl coverage. NOT because of Janet Jackson's boob, but because they wouldn't air the Moveon.org ad. He kept asking the lawyer what they could do about it to show their anger. The lawyer guy told him pretty much nothing, that CBS was within their rights to do that, and so on. The host then prompted him by asking if it was ok to use civil disobediaence as a means of getting their point across. The lawyer guy asked him to be more specific, to which the host replied things like disrupting the signal, or pirating the airwaves and broadcasting their ads anyway. When the legal guy informed him that those were illegal, and would face some hefty penalties, the host got all indignant, about how civil disobedience is every American's right, tried to relate thier cause to the civil rights movement, then said that if this is the only way to remedy an unjust action by CBS, well then, people should do it. So here you have a radio host, advocating people to disregard a law (or two, or three) that they don't like, to get their way, and he thinks this is ok? Is that the kind of stuf they will be saying all the time?

I had it on for 15 minutes either Wednesday or Thursday night, and I was not happy with what I heard.  The host was interviewing a lawyer about anger directed at CBS for their Superbowl coverage.  NOT because of Janet Jackson's boob, but because they wouldn't air the Moveon.org ad.  He kept asking the lawyer what they could do about it to show their anger.  The lawyer guy told him pretty much nothing, that CBS was within their rights to do that, and so on.  The host then prompted him by asking if it was ok to use civil disobediaence as a means of getting their point across.  The lawyer guy asked him to be more specific, to which the host replied things like disrupting the signal, or pirating the airwaves and broadcasting their ads anyway.  When the legal guy informed him that those were illegal, and would face some hefty penalties, the host got all indignant, about how civil disobedience is every American's right, tried to relate thier cause to the civil rights movement, then said that if this is the only way to remedy an unjust action by CBS, well then, people should do it.  So here you have a radio host, advocating people to disregard a law (or two, or three) that they don't like, to get their way, and he thinks this is ok?  Is that the kind of stuf they will be saying all the time?

Read some Thoreau about Thoreau's story of not paying the poll tax.

And breaking laws for something they thought was right and getting their way? Yeah I think some guys did that to England a few hundred years ago.

It's been better than I expected, but I'm always stunned at how angry Janeane Garafolo seems to be all the time. Franken is decent too.

I'd say Air America has earned a semi-regular listen from me.

It's at least as interesting as Hannity and WAY more interesting than Limbaugh.

Read some Thoreau about Thoreau's story of not paying the poll tax.

And breaking laws for something they thought was right and getting their way? Yeah I think some guys did that to England a few hundred years ago.

So are you going to equate MoveOn.org being denied a TV ad to the American Revolution? Or the Civil Rights movement? At least with radio, the libs didn't like what they were hearing from the conservative side, so they bought their own network. They didn't pirate the signal, or tear down transmitters. I remember not too long ago, Howard Dean accusing Limbaugh of 'inciting' his listeners to violence for something he said. I never heard whatever Dean was referring to, so I can't comment on that, but I DID hear this, and this host was advocating breaking the law. Would he be liable in some way if a listener took his advice and disrupted a CBS broadcast to air a MoveOn.org ad?