What is your projected 2004...

Xero

How many wins do you think they will win this year?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you think they will win this year?

• 100 or more
    • 60 or lower...

The Sox are in a bad division, I agree.

But, we don't have the Reds, Brewers and/or Pirates to beat up on like the cubs do. Their division ain't that great either.

Sox will win 92 games and the AL Central. Then they'll get pummelled in the opening round of the AL playoffs.

(Cubs will win 82 games, finish 3rd...NO PLAYOFFS!)

:fthecubs

I say the white sox win about 92 games this year. I don't understand why people have them 2-3 games over five hundred?

Your damned right, Jon, the Sox are gonna pound the ball this year.

If Loaiza can win 15-20, Buehrle will, and Garland should also, we'll be in good shape. I wish we had one more quality starter though!

I'm thinking 90-95 wins if Ozzie can keep them consistent and not playing down to their opponent. None of these long slumps or 1 run games against the Tigers.

However, they could just as easily finish with 80-85 wins with this tough interleague schedule against the top 4 teams in the NL East. The interleague could be what makes or breaks us this year.

Either way I think we stay in the race until September with Ozzie's intensity.

I say the white sox win about 92 games this year. I don't understand why people have them 2-3 games over five hundred?

Well for one thing.. Loaiza probably will not have the same success as last season.

Secondly, Colon (no matter what you think of him) is gone and he was not replaced with a pitcher of the same quality. Even with his down year.. he still had quite a few CGs and Ks. No pitcher added to the SP roster has experienced the same success in his past to prove to me that he is a good enough replacement for Colon.

Lastly, the Sox didn't improve in the offseason.. they stayed fairly stagnant.

No improvements, one major SP loss equals...

85 to 87 wins.

Believe me.. if they win more than that I will be the first one to say I was wrong.

I'll go optimistic and say 90.

The Sox MUST do better against their division rivals this year.

I think they're going to be fine this year, but again that may just be my optimism talking.

I'm thinking ( hoping? ) that since so many things went wrong last year, this year the Baseball Gods will make things right again!