Warthogs Announce 25 Man Roster

Chisoxfn

I guess I am not convinced with Tracey, he really struggled at Kanny last year before being sent back to Rookie league. He should have taken over at Kanny again this year, but I suppose he could have turned it around. Reynoso was solid at Kanny last year as was Lamura, Miller was not. But I have had higher hopes for Miller since we stole him from MSU.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For an easier to read version of the Winston roster:

http://www.futuresox.com/index.php?module=...=display&ceid=4

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17723 bytes) in /home/virtual/site228/fst/var/www/html/includes/pnAPI.php on line 850

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 137 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

:huh:

This means that Honel will most likely be pitching at AA Birmingham right? I don't see Honel pitching at AAA, but I'm slightly surprised to see they are moving up Honel. He pitched pretty well, but nothing dominant that demanded promotion. Considering he came out of HS I thought the Sox would baby him. Maybe they are changing their mindset on moving young guys along.

Honel spent the entire season in Winston Salem (High A Ball) last year and put up pretty good numbers. Wing's were better, but Honel dominated in the post season and was one of the best pitchers in that level.

AA should be a good challenge for him, but I got no doubt he's ready. I think next year Honel will at least have an outside shot at a starters spot.

Everyone is talking about expecting big things Sweeney and Anderson at W-S, but I'm expecting big things from Nanita too. This guy flat out hit last year. His 30 game hit streak can attest to how good of a year he had. He was a major steal in the 14th round of last year's draft.

Everyone is talking about expecting big things Sweeney and Anderson at W-S, but I'm expecting big things from Nanita too.  This guy flat out hit last year.  His 30 game hit streak can attest to how good of a year he had.  He was a major steal in the 14th round of last year's draft.

That's how scary Winston-Salem's OF is going to be this year. Their 3-4-5 will be Anderson, Sweeney, Nanita in no specific order. They should be tough to stop as a team this year with that kind of talent in the middle of the order.

Random notes:

Kyle Kane is on the Birmingham DL. He is at least a half season away from being ready.

Honel is definitely at AA. The Birmingham rotation is: Honel, Munoz, Meaux, Phillips and Yofu, not necessarily in that order. The rest of the Birmingham roster is, I believe, exactly as Bull posted in a minor league thread a few days ago.

Valido was teammates with a guy the Sox couldn't sign. Can't recall who it was.

There are new managers and coaches in many places this year, so it is hard to say for sure how things will go, but I see the possibility of good teams at Birmingham, Winston and Kanny. Not sure how Charlotte's roster will shake out. Haven't sat down and thought about it. It seems their rotation should be strong.

Random notes:

Kyle Kane is on the Birmingham DL.  He is at least a half season away from being ready.

Honel is definitely at AA.  The Birmingham rotation is: Honel, Munoz, Meaux, Phillips and Yofu , not necessarily in that order.  The rest of the Birmingham roster is, I believe, exactly as Bull posted in a minor league thread a few days ago.

Valido was teammates with a guy the Sox couldn't sign.  Can't recall who it was.

There are new managers and coaches in many places this year, so it is hard to say for sure how things will go, but I see the possibility of good teams at Birmingham, Winston and Kanny.  Not sure how Charlotte's roster will shake out.  Haven't sat down and thought about it.  It seems their rotation should be strong.

what about Wing???

that would still be a cool first couple of months...

was valido teammates with Nanita in HS or was that somebody else???

That was someone else. His teammate, can't remember his name right now, was drafted by the Sox but didn't sign.

Nanita played at Florida International and the only question with him is whether he put up such great numbers because of his college experience, kind of like Edgar Valera did his first season in the organization.

I like Nanita a lot though. Fluid swing, good speed, not much power, but if he can rake the ball and do those things, he could project as a very good 2 hole hitter.

The Warthogs should be FUN to watch. Also, Pedro Lopez is a pretty toolsy player that I think will develop the stick.

Random notes:

Kyle Kane is on the Birmingham DL.  He is at least a half season away from being ready.

Honel is definitely at AA.  The Birmingham rotation is: Honel, Munoz, Meaux, Phillips and Yofu, not necessarily in that order.  The rest of the Birmingham roster is, I believe, exactly as Bull posted in a minor league thread a few days ago.

Valido was teammates with a guy the Sox couldn't sign.  Can't recall who it was.

There are new managers and coaches in many places this year, so it is hard to say for sure how things will go, but I see the possibility of good teams at Birmingham, Winston and Kanny.  Not sure how Charlotte's roster will shake out.  Haven't sat down and thought about it.  It seems their rotation should be strong.

Charlotte should have a good team. A lot of solid veterans and a very good pitching staff. The Sox farm system is getting pretty strong again and I think it will continue to do so.