Warthogs Announce 25 Man Roster

Chisoxfn

Guillermo Martinez, 17th rounder from same HS and same position as Valido, tho Martinez played 2B only due to Valido.

Where did Martinez end up going to college? He's a pretty stinking talented player. In general last year the Sox drafted a whole lot of talented players.

I'm really looking forward to this years draft, the only thing that sucks is, we don't get to pick Jared Weaver.

Finally saw him pitch this weekend and the guy is filthy. Fullerton did score a whopping 2 runs off of him (It was the most scored upon him all season).

Two starts ago he struck out 16 in just 6 innings of work. WOWZERS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding last year's draft, there are 3 guys I really wish the Sox could have signed. They are Greg Moviel (his brother was also drafted by us last year and signed), Donald Veal, and Wes Hodges. Does anyone know where these guys ended up going to college, and how are they doing so far this year? thanx

Moviel was committed to Vanderbilt. Thought education was important or something dumb like that....... ;)

He has appeared in 7 games at Vandy, all in relief. He's pitched in 9.1 innings and only given up 3 hits, yet has walked 13. He has struck out 9 and has a 1.93 ERA.

Vandy is 21-6 overall.

Hodges is hitting .333 in 30 games at GA Tech.  He has 12 doubles, 3 HR's and 21 RBI to go with 11 BB, 13 K's and 5 SB's.

Hodges is a gamer, he is the one who broke his wrist and learned to bat opposite handed so he could continue playing his senior year. Kids like that you just gotta sign, too bad. Bet he ends up an All American and a top 15 pick someday.

Hodges is the man. I thought Veal was going to Arizona, but maybe he went to Junior college. Wasn't Veal supposed to be like a doctor or something along those lines or was that Moviel?

Or at least one of his dreams was to become a doctor. Maybe that was Dizzard though...hell I'm all turned about, lol.