Borchard Picking Up Steam

SoxFanForever

I hope that now that the buzz is centered around Reed at Charlotte that Borchard will do better with less pressure on him. I just hope that when the Sox call him up next (whenever that is) that he won't be stepping in to replace a struggling player. The lower his expectations the better at this point in time.

I thought they would put him in extended spring training to make up for conditioning but i hope he helps out the Charlotte Knights really quickly...With Reed and borchard up at AAA and the Winston Salem OF...we got some darn good outfielders, most out of one draft...

I am not sure why, but I have this bad feeling that Jeremy Reed will disappoint this year.......

I don't think he'll get off to the best start at Charlotte because I still think he's worried about his wrist. But I think by June he'll start putting it together and earn a call up.

I am not sure why, but I have this bad feeling that Jeremy Reed will disappoint this year.......

The guy had flown under the radar his whole short career. This is the first time that the spot light is squarely on this guy. It wouldn't surprise me if he struggled to start the season at all, but I get the feeling he will still end up over .300.

The guy had flown under the radar his whole short career.  This is the first time that the spot light is squarely on this guy.  It wouldn't surprise me if he struggled to start the season at all, but I get the feeling he will still end up over .300.

I think it´s the Avatar jinx of Jason. Last year he had Jo Bo and he struggled, will this happen to Reed this year?

Yeah, I agree with you. Think about it though, even if he bats .300-.310 it's a disappointment. He isn't going to bat .400 again, at least I don't think he will.