The OFFICIAL Opening Day GAME THREAD!

southsider2k5

you mean a guy who is not 18, a realist, a baseball fan for 32 years, a sox dumb ass season ticket holder. yea its a blast, as you get older you realize things, like not listening to anouncers and the press play up what is not there. Analyzing things for yourself. Doesn't mean I am not a fan, it means I am not some Dumb ass blinded by people trying to sell me soemthing that is not there.

The royals have our number, the sox looked like they were waiting to implode. There was nowhere to go in the pen. Ozzie left pollitte in too long because he doesn't have much else. I went to spring training and Saw amrte implode repeatedly. I saw Koch implode, Shingo not getting anyone out. Look at the bullpen stats this spring. This will continue. Royals are not scared of us. We had a chance today to show them we are big time contenders. We could have sent a message.

PS - Loizia looked like s*** in the spring as well.

LOL.. I knew you were going to fire back with something like this. ;)

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Realist is fine, its better than being alot of other things, but you, for the time I have been on the boards, are ALWAYs, not sometimes, but always negitive. Its just what I associate to your name. I understand the frustration, but this is board for White Sox Baseball. Baseball. A Game. Why are you going to be so negitive about a game? Whats the point? Your posts, make me sad. Hence, not reading them anymore. Why waste your time here when all you think for the worst, than bask in the glory when the Sox come up short. Must be fun.

I assume you won't read this. But i am so sorry you are sad. Please try not to hold it against me. i will try to be more positive next time. s*** we have won so much in the last 40 years. God what a great season that 2000 season was, something to build on. I guess that is why nobody shows up at the park. Everyone must be like me..oops I do show up at the park. The point being, you can indeed be a fan watch games and post notes but you do not have to be a total idiot homey. many people on this board felt this coming today, i posted what I felt. Listen to the post game I am sure I am not the only one thinking the way I am thinking.

Remember your no longer reading my posts.

It's okay, man.  Marte will be fine once he gets his s*** together.  Relax.  There are 161 more of these.  You're going to give yourself a heart attack.

Mentioning Adkins and 50 saves in the same sentence  :nono

i was just giving an example like adkins. that's billy beane's strategy on closers.

I watched the game on WGN today. I was really pumped going into the bottom of the 9th. The Sox had some good hitting and fielding and good starting pitching by Buerhle. Can you believe that Konerko stole a base? Politte looked good until the 9th and everything blew apart. I even thought Billy Koch didn't look that bad. I think Santiago hit a good pitch that maybe had a little more of the inside part of the plate than Koch wanted. Marte simply looked terrible. I can't believe he gave up 2 homers. The curve looked pretty sharp but that fastball wasn't the usual Marte fastball we came to know and love in '03. 161 games left or not I hope this was just a fluke becasue we are in for a long season if our bullpen can't do the job.

On another point: It's great to see over 67 pages and 1000 posts. GO SOX!

Hopefully Ozzie learned something today ...

POLITTE IS NOT A F'G CLOSER!

Sometimes it's not the score of the game that dictates who should start the 9th.

Sometimes it's the lineup you're about to face that should dictate that.

STATS ARE NOT FOR DECORATION!

KC vs Koch : 844 OPS

KC vs Marte: 843 OPS

KC vs Politt: 1042 OPS

KC vs Adkins: 449 OPS

KC vs Jackson: 509 OPS (55 AB's!)

KC vs Cotts: N/A

KC vs Takatsu: N/A

Now here's my F'g point!

KC has past success against Koch, Marte, & Politte.

When I say KC I mean their CURRENT F'g LINEUP!

You were able to get thru 1 IP with Politte. Good job. It was risky but he had such

a good ST that it was worth the call. Don't F'g BRING him back for another IP!

You've got a veteran that has been very successful against that lineup in Jackson.

Yes he's a year off, but so what!

You've got 2 guys that KC has NEVER faced. & You've got Adkins that's done a good job (albeit facing only 12 batters on KC in his lifetime).

What Ozzie should have done:

Cotts to start the 9th. The guy is pegged as a starter any ways!

Cotts lets 2 ON, bring in Takatsu. See what he can do with a 4 RUN LEAD!

Takatsu gives up a run or two bring in Adkins.

Adkins gets pegged then go to Marte.

PLAY THE F'G %'s WHEN YOU ARE FACING A LINEUP AS LETHAL AS KC'S!

This loss is being pegged on Ozzie.

I'm sorry but that's the reality of this debacle.