Sox get the short end of the stick

quade36

Not to complain, but does anyone else think its weird that the Sox have to open in KC, then go to NY and sit through yet another home opener there, then finally open at home against KC who they already played the week before?

This doesn't seem right that they have to be put through the opening day excitement 3 times. At least have their's first, not last.

What do you guys think?

Not to complain, but does anyone else think its weird that the Sox have to open in KC, then go to NY and sit through yet another home opener there, then finally open at home against KC who they already played the week before?

This doesn't seem right that they have to be put through the opening day excitement 3 times.  At least have their's first, not last. 

What do you guys think?

The Sox ask to open on the road. That is why it happens every year. They want to push off of the home opener as long as possible to try to get better odds for good weather in Chicago.

The Sox ask to open on the road.  That is why it happens every year.  They want to push off of the home opener as long as possible to try to get better odds for good weather in Chicago.

so is that why they are playing in NY? lol. ;)

I know this is going to sound completely retarded, but I'd like to see the Sox open the year on the West Coast. Every year it's either in the Midwest, Texas, or Toronto. If we're gonna get our brains beat in by the Oaklands, Seattles, & Anaheims, let's get 'em out of the way early. :lol:

The last time we started with a tough stetch like this, was inthe 2000 season, we opened with 10 games on the road, travelled all over the US, and had to play 7 games vs. the AL West, who we were terrible against....

The sox lost the first two games that year, The first game losing to Ismeal Valdes :ph34r: ,...... They ended up winning 6 of the next 8 and returned home with loads of confidence that they road throughout the entire season...

I say Bring it on, :headbang

I know this is going to sound completely retarded, but I'd like to see the Sox open the year on the West Coast.  Every year it's either in the Midwest, Texas, or Toronto. If we're gonna get our brains beat in by the Oaklands, Seattles, & Anaheims, let's get 'em out of the way early.  :lol:

But if the Sox lose on Opening Day, the season is OVER, remember???

This doesn't seem right that they have to be put through the opening day excitement 3 times.  At least have their's first, not last. 

What do you guys think?

I think that they play the same teams roughly the same amount of times each season and that they need to play their ass off regadless of where they are playing or who.

The last time we started with a tough stetch like this, was inthe 2000 season, we opened with 10 games on the road, travelled all over the US, and had to play 7 games vs. the AL West, who we were terrible against....

The sox lost the first two games that year, The first game losing to Ismeal Valdes :ph34r: ,...... They ended up winning 6 of the next 8 and returned home with loads of confidence that they road throughout the entire season...

I say Bring it on, :headbang

Thank you Cheat.