Pettitte hit hard in debut

Mr. Showtime

Not putting words in his mouth, but I sense he's saying an opinion can be challenged.

If I say "In my opinion, Frank Thomas should bat leadoff", there would be all kinds of discussion, debate, etc. about it.

Opinions get challenged here all the time Steff, you know that.

Picking my jaw up from the floor... :headshake

How on earth is saying someone's mindset would be an advantage.. able to be challenged..?

I mean it's not like I have knowledge of Andy's psych evaluations.. so I don't really know exactly what's going on in his head..

I agree that had I said something comparable to your Frank example - which could or could not be supported by facts - that it be questioned.. but to question someone's interpretation of another's behavior?

:huh

But ya know what.. this is regoddamndiculous and I'm done with it.

However.. not at all surprised your critisizing someone's opinion.. it's your specialty.

Ah, just go f*** yourself, ever-so-tenderly.

Talking baseball with a passive-aggressive, anal-retentive, button-pusher who can't handle factual criticism and has to hide behind knee-jerk relativism as though we're debating the merits of Wagner vs. Puccini.....is futile. I am not southsideirish or JimH, that s*** doesn't fly with me.

Nobody tried to invalidate your "psych evaluation" of "Andy" -- just stating that El Pettitte probably isn't worth having for the money he makes, given his 1998-2003 numbers, age, etc.

Astros are about to find that out in that sandbox of theirs. I hope I am wrong about this because if I am right, Cubs will waltz into postseason even without Prior in April and May.

Ah, just go f*** yourself, ever-so-tenderly. 

Talking baseball with a passive-aggressive, anal-retentive, button-pusher who can't handle factual criticism and has to hide behind knee-jerk relativism as though we're debating the merits of Wagner vs. Puccini.....is futile.      I am not southsideirish or JimH, that s*** doesn't fly with me.

Nobody tried to invalidate your "psych evaluation" of "Andy" -- just stating that El Pettitte probably isn't worth having for the money he makes, given his 1998-2003 numbers, age, etc.

Astros are about to find that out in that sandbox of theirs. I hope I am wrong about this because if I am right, Cubs will waltz into postseason even without Prior in April and May.

And naturally.. you don't disappoint with your oh so mature response. :crying

But I do see the problem.. you got confused and thought I was talking about what he was worth. :dips***

Your saying Pettite's mindset is an advantage is your opinion. I happen to agree with your opinion.

Opinions can be challenged. Suppose someone had a knowledge of this guy's mindset, or had seen him fail in the clutch. Your opinion can be debated (challenged?). Anybody's opinion can elicit a contrary reaction.

He (Brando) also said he used your statement as a summation of everything that had been presented.

So let's try it ... in my opinion, you overreacted to Brando questioning your opinion, and to characterize his supposed tendancy to criticize other people's opinions as his "specialty", is a cheap shot.

Your saying Pettite's mindset is an advantage is your opinion.  I happen to agree with your opinion.

Opinions can be challenged.  Suppose someone had a knowledge of this guy's mindset, or had seen him fail in the clutch.  Your opinion can be debated (challenged?).  Anybody's opinion can elicit a contrary reaction.

He (Brando) also said he used your statement as a summation of everything that had been presented.

So let's try it ... in my opinion, you overreacted to Brando questioning your opinion, and to characterize his supposed tendancy to criticize other people's opinions as his "specialty", is a cheap shot.

Alrighty.