BREAK UP THE TIGERS!!!!

They beat Toronto 6-3 to sweep the Jays at the Skydome. I knew they were gonna be a bit tougher this year, but they're jumping out of the gate. No free rides for any AL Central team this year.

I'm surprised, but not stunned.

They had three decent starters already, and added another decent arm in Jason Johnson.

They added a bunch of veteran bats, and have a pretty solid lineup now.

They aren't going to win the division, obviously, but imagine a 40-game jump to .500!!

I'm glad to see them get off to a good start - I've always had a soft spot for the Tigers.

I have heard all about it, and in turn heard all about the Sox game Monday..... :puke

Ask them what looking forward to Pistons basketball in May was like.

And then if they snap some smart-ass comment back, be like "I'm captain of the wrestling team, b****. Don't f*** with me. :nono " and use feeling like that too.

If they are a smart-ass again, do a little of this :fight , this :stick , and be like, "That's what I thought dumbass."

If they are a smart-ass again, well, you'll have to think of that one on your own.

They beat Toronto 6-3 to sweep the Jays at the Skydome.  I knew they were gonna be a bit tougher this year, but they're jumping out of the gate.  No free rides for any AL Central team this year.

As I remember they jumped out a bit at the start of last season too, but then they were playing a listless Sox team to start the season.

As I remember they jumped out a bit at the start of last season too, but then they were playing a listless Sox team to start the season.

They actually started off 0-9 last year, Nuke, and only started playing well once they faced the Sox.

The division is going to be scrappy this year, that's for sure.

....I said SCRAPPY.....with an S.....no wisecracks from the peanut gallery.... :D

Just finished watchin da game on Fox Sports, Twinkies Bullpen is in BIG trouble. Silva pitched well for 5 innings, and then the Tiggies startin killin him. Makes me laugh though how their fans are gettin all excited. :lol:

Last year we were complaining about our tough schedule after the break... This year, maybe all we have to do is hang around, and make a run late.

The Twins have the tough schedule this time in the 2nd half. The Sox schedule, not including MIN, KC, & ANA is pretty decent in September. The next to last series for the Twinkies is in NYC. KC's is no picnic either.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we are just in it at the break, a starter will probably be acquired and we will be off to the races. I think this is very much a team that will get it going later on, especially in the summer months. To me, they seem like a team that can win in many ways, be it pitching the s*** out of the ball, hitting homers, getting hit after hit after hit, get em on-get em over-get em in, or a combination of them all(or maybe more ways). If I had it my way, it would be Winning Ugly all over again.

I have also said that KW plan this entire season is to get to July, still be in the hunt for the playoffs, then be buyers at the deadline. If we can get a SOLID pitcher at the break, this team could be for real.

On that topic, who do you think will be avalable come the break? Teams that have good players that wont be in the hunt for the playoffs. Do you guys think St.Louis would deal Matt Morris???I think he would great.

Only if St. Louis is out of the race, which is unlikely. Plus, he's pretty injury prone. I think Livan Hernandez is a more likely target. :)

Do you guys think St.Louis would deal Matt Morris???I think he would great.

I don't think they can afford to, injury history or not.

Woody Williams is about 70 years old, and they've got nobody else worth much.

They signed Julian Tavarez, for Christ's sake!

Their fans would revolt if the Redbirds dealt their ace.

Half of all Tiger TB's are coming from White, I-Rod, & Munson.

The startiing pitching has looked fair at best.

The bullpen is playing over it's head.

White, I-Rod have a history of injuries resulting in down time for about 1 month.

Munson is very young & prone to streaks.

I doubt very much that they can continue to ride the backs of these 3 for wins.