Willie Harris

Xero

Well, coming into a big series like this, Willie Harris has really got to get it going offensively. He is batting .000 in 3 games, yeah its early but you don't want to start out on a bad start. I think Ozzie should let Uribe play a couple games and see how he does.

How has willie been fielding?

Has he been stellar in the first 3 games?

I haven't been able to see many, except for the opener.

If he is a vaccuum, maybe his lack of hitting won't be that much of a problem.

I need to develop a signline

"I'm not giving up on willie harris ... YET"

It's way too early to think about giving up on someone.  If the call hadn't been changed from an error to a hit, Crede would also be 0 for the season.  No one is calling for his head on a platter ..... yet.

But he has flashed some serius leather this year. Including his robbery of PayRod today. Crede is also not known as a quick starter. He always heats up with the weather.

But he has flashed some serius leather this year. Including his robbery of PayRod today. Crede is also not known as a quick starter. He always heats up with the weather.

That's not the point. Harris is being judged on three games. If the same standards were applied to Crede, he'd "suck" too.

That's not the point.  Harris is being judged on three games.  If the same standards were applied to Crede, he'd "suck" too.

Crede is more proven though. He has shown he is a clutch player and can hit the ball. Harris has not on a major league level. I personally am running out of patience for him to come around. I just don't believe he has the skills to perform consistently at a major league level.

Crede is more proven though. He has shown he is a clutch player and can hit the ball. Harris has not on a major league level. I personally am running out of patience for him to come around. I just don't believe he has the skills to perform consistently at a major league level.

Crede got the OPPORTUNITY to prove himself. The put him at 3rd, left him there and jack him around by yanking him in and out of the lineup. Harris hasn't had that chance yet, so we don't know if he can cut it or not.

Agreed YAS. Lets not concern ourselves with replacing people in the lineup already. Willie is gonna need a bit...c'mon folks. If we were 2 weeks into the season, and Harris was hittin .091 or whatever, then yeah maybe Uribe needs a couple days. We got beat today by a damn good pitcher in Vazquez, IN New York, on their Opening Day, with IMO our weakest starter on the bump.

Agreed YAS. Lets not concern ourselves with replacing people in the lineup already. Willie is gonna need a bit...c'mon folks. If we were 2 weeks into the season, and Harris was hittin .091 or whatever, then yeah maybe Uribe needs a couple days. We got beat today by a damn good pitcher in Vazquez, IN New York, on their Opening Day, with IMO our weakest starter on the bump.

I'll take 6 IP with 3 runs allowed from Schoney every time. I know he had some great glove work behind him and the Yanks hit a lot of atom balls, but the end results of SS's day wasn't that bad.

How has willie been fielding?

Has he been stellar in the first 3 games?

Took away a hit in KC.

Gave a hit in NY.

So far has been average.

Comparing Crede to Harris makes no sense. Crede is not a polished hitter but he has a live bat and has proven he can hit at every level (even if not as well as some have hoped).......Harris, on the other hand, has NEVER hit -- not even in the minors, save for 1 hot month in AAA. So far he has put up some cartoonishly bad numbers in the majors -- and he's had plenty of at-bats, people.

I'll take 6 IP with 3 runs allowed from Schoney every time. I know he had some great glove work behind him and the Yanks hit a lot of atom balls, but the end results of SS's day wasn't that bad

Forrest for the trees, YAS. He was lucky he made it out of the 2nd inning. He was bad. Everything was hit HARD. Sox have no choice but to continue the Show Experiment, but make no mistake about it: if he pitches likes this every time he takes the mound, his ERA won't clear 6.00.

Brando. I wasn't comparing Crede to Harris. I was comparing the circumstances. All I'm saying is let's see if the guy can do it. As for Schoney, I agree 100%. I summed up my impression of his performance in another thread, but I can't recall where it was.

EDIT: The thread is what? now schoe bashing??

Took away a hit in KC.

Gave a hit in NY. 

So far has been average.

Comparing Crede to Harris makes no sense. Crede is not a polished hitter but he has a live bat and has proven he can hit at every level (even if not as well as some have hoped).......Harris, on the other hand, has NEVER hit -- not even in the minors, save for 1 hot month in AAA. So far he has put up some cartoonishly bad numbers in the majors -- and he's had plenty of at-bats, people.

Forrest for the trees, YAS.    He was lucky he made it out of the 2nd inning.  He was bad.  Everything was hit HARD.  Sox have no choice but to continue the Show Experiment, but make no mistake about it:  if he pitches likes this every time he takes the mound, his ERA won't clear 6.00.

Thanks for typing this up for me, my thoughts exactly. Harris has never showed anything meriting batting leadoff for a team hoping to make the playoffs. He would look good in a Pirate or Brewer uniform as there are no expectations. Rauch for Spivey or Alomar ASAP. Willie looks horrible at the plate. Against lefties he and Valentin are completly useless.

The only chance Willie has got to become a good hitter is to take the Luis Castillo approach, and use his speed.  He needs to bunt for basehits early and often.

I agree that Willie needs to bunt often. He should have tested Arod 3 or 4 times already.

The only chance Willie has got to become a good hitter is to take the Luis Castillo approach, and use his speed.  He needs to bunt for basehits early and often.

That's exactly what this club needs too. We really need to have someone on early to get the offense going. I know Frank's moved down to the 4 spot, but think about how many of his HRs last season were solo shots because of the people in front of him.